Amaranth video up

I also finally heard Eva...BEAUTIFUL SONG! Not anything groundbreaking, but it is a beautiful song!

Annette does remind me of Sharon Den Adel, but to me that is a GOOD thing! Sharon has probably the most BEAUTIFUL, ANGELIC, voice I have ever heard, which is why I am dissapointed in her singing in parts on The Heart of Everything. The way I see it, who BETTER to convey the emotion, beauty, and innocence that Tuomas conveys with his music than an angelic and innocent sounding voice like Annette's? This could be the music that Tuomas was looking to create his whole life, influenced by bands like The 3rd and The Mortal and Theater Of Tragedy!

I am excited! Bring on Dark Passion Play! How long must I wait! I want this album NOW! I am ready to welcome in the new era and say goodbye to the witch Tarja.

haha, just watched it...I love the sex question :lol:

I love when the interview asks Anette "So you'd been living under a rock?"

But yeah, Tuomas answer to the sex question rocked. I agreed with everything he said 100%. Watching it, i was all like "Aha! I knew i liked this guy for a reason!" But anyway, i thought the interview was most important for how it illuminated a bit about Anette's mindset towards coming into the band and the music (in that she "hasn't been into metal", doesn't seem to care Nightwish's old music, and generally only seemed to care to join up for the fame and money a band as big as Nightwish could offer her. Though i suppose Nightwish is no stranger to vocalists like that, eh? ;] )

Though hey, as long as they put out good music, her personal motivations and tastes aren't really a primary concern for me.

Look, we are not talking about some outfit like Operatika or Aesma Daeva here. ANY person who signed up with Nightwish WAS going for the brass ring. Hell, you could have had Kelly Clarkson sign on and you would have gotten the same attitude. I mean, JD Fortune-type female who wants to be in Nightwish because she loves Nightwish was going to be almost non-existant.

Peace,
Ray C.

I'm not sure i can agree. Surely there are more Simone Simone's out there. That is to say those with a great voice (not necessarily a soprano mind you..), the right look, and a genuine appreciation for the kind of music they are making, if not direct appreciation for the band itself. For me, it's about artistic integrity. Don't get involved in creating a style of music that you don't even appreciate.

Though hey, as long as they put out good music, her personal motivations and tastes aren't really a primary concern for me.
same here...although just because she wasn't a "metalhead" before joining NW, doesn't mean that she doesn't appreciate Nightwish's music, or symphonic/melodic metal in general. Musical taste is an evolution and journey for most people afterall.

Loved the song! :headbang: Been listening over and over! A great video too, however I was wondering who convinced Tuomas that the unbuttoned shirt was a good idea... I mean, he's sexy and all but ... there was totally some man-boob bouncing going on there!:eek:

Anyway, I like Annette, I think her voice is great. Can't wait to see her and the boys in concert in October!!! :D (hope Tuomas will keep his shirt buttoned though! lol)

Welcome to the board, Alianora!:)

Tuomas said in some interview that it was the director, Antti Jokinen's idea that he'd unbutton his shirt and showed some skin :p

What I don't get is that some people get irritated about seeing a glimpse of bare male chest, and even more wierd is the fact that not only you Alianaora, but almost everybody I see mentioning or complaining about it on a number of boards are USAians. :saint:

Now, why seeing a bare male chest would be such a big problem for only USAians??? In Europe such a detail will not raise too many eyebrows - if any at all. Hmm... :Smug:

Having seen the video finally on good ol' Youtube at last, I liked it.
Even though living in the U.K the likelihood of me actually seeing it on the telly is minimal.:rolleyes:

As for the whole Tuomas and the shirt thing, I can't see what the problem is. For God's sake , it's just a shirt! Calm down! If NW decided to do a video featuring them wandering about dressed as pimps while a bevy of scantily clad girls gyrated round them Snoop Dogg style, then I might have something stern to say about it. (i.e. 'What the arse do you think you're doing?') but the director probably decided they needed some eye candy seeing as fangirls drool over the poor man and that was the result.

On that rather disturbing image I'll leave it. Nightwish as pimps...:rolleyes:

I have no problem seeing guys without a shirt. I grew up as a swimmer, and never saw what the big deal was seeing guys in speedos or whatever (unless they're really really really out of shape!)

It's the fact that they had a close up of the man-boobs bouncing. I would have thought they'd avoid that I would think that would be embarrassing as being out of shape (as I would see it, maybe not scandanavians or europeans). All the other shots were fine, it's just that one close up shot. (Actually, I thought it rather amusing).

I have absolutely no problem with that picture of Tuomas standing in the ocean in his speedo :D

And as for eye-candy, they should've shown shots of his nice behind!

Amaranth is a very good video, but the only thing I don't like about it is that Anette is a really bad dancer.... Not generally speaking, but compared to the genre of music she is supposed to be singing... OMG! Why did they let her move at all...?!

If there was no sound, and you're looking only at her, it seems like you are looking at some kind of an r'n'b singe!

That is the only thing that is REALLY bad about this video.

But if you ignore that...the video is amazing...

Tuomas is really HOT in this one! Looks like he bulked up since last we saw him...not that that's the most important thing about the video....but it spices it up... :oops:

I've come to correct myself!

Yeah, Anette is a REALLY bad singer even generally speaking... :ill:

I never thought that a singer who can sing well can ever be SO bad at dancing, which is in a way connected to singing because both of those activities require rhythm...

I wish people would give Annette a break . Alright, she is different from La Turunen, but jeez the way some people whinge about her. I'm reserving judgement until I finally hold the CD in my eager sweaty mitt.

As for the video, well ...It could have been a lot worse. At least she looks like she enjoying herself. As for looking like an RnB singer, surely she's wearing far too many clothes for that isn't she?:lol:

Joking aside, I like the video. You get to see the band as a whole playing as opposed to 3 minutes of the singer and a flash of the other band members which is maddening. We fans want to see the entire band! Not just the singer however much eye candy they might be.

You all know my thoughts on the whole Tuomas as heart throb thing so don't need to repeat myself. Suffice to say the director was patently going for the fangirl vote. Not that I'm complaining too much, mind...

Amaranth is a very good video, but the only thing I don't like about it is that Anette is a really bad dancer.... Not generally speaking, but compared to the genre of music she is supposed to be singing... OMG! Why did they let her move at all...?!

If there was no sound, and you're looking only at her, it seems like you are looking at some kind of an r'n'b singe!

That is the only thing that is REALLY bad about this video.

But if you ignore that...the video is amazing...

Tuomas is really HOT in this one! Looks like he bulked up since last we saw him...not that that's the most important thing about the video....but it spices it up... :oops:

Lmfao, You seen tarja live? she COULD headbang now and then but most of the time was smiling and walking around waving at the crowed or something...

I think Anette does need to learn a few lessons from Angela Gossow Though...But all in all her style kinda makes you understand why the song is a...."happy" song.

I can't imagine Anette doing an Angela Gossow. This is a good thing, trust me.

Slightly O/T You know my earlier comments about Nightwish not having lots of bimbos in their videos and dressing up as pimps ... Do yourself a favour and Google the new Turisas video. I had to watch it three times to check it was the right band. Not good. There are 'batty riders' on show.*shudders*

Obviously I'm psychic. Hopefully Nightwish won't do something as odd as that

Don't get me wrong I love Turisas with a passion. I can't wait to see them live in just over a week.
But I have a real HATRED of videos with girls in bikinis/ batty riders draping themselves over the musicians. I'd dislike it if it was Snoop Dogg or something like that so there you go. Just one of my little quirks...

Er.. back on topic. Does anyone know what the single is going to be after 'Bye Bye Beautiful?' I'm just curious