Amazing!!!! Guitar Sound

veronicafalls

Mar 26, 2009
Puyallup, Washington
My next project is to get a decent tone with line 6 pod xt, and I'm eq'ing like heck to figure out how to make it sound as good as this I don't want this exact tone, but at least something similar and chunkier. How does joey do this with the cabs in his pod farm??? lol

I think he said he uses the diamondplate sim with the treadplate cab with the condenser - right in Podfarm - no external IR's. It's all in the tracking dude - do quads and make sure all of the takes are nice and tight and in perfect time.

And some selective post-eq, but really, the amazingness of the drums and bass can't be overstated in terms of their importance to making the guitar tone seem as good as it is (I mean, it's definitely good, but it's the whole package that really impresses IMO!)

And some selective post-eq, but really, the amazingness of the drums and bass can't be overstated in terms of their importance to making the guitar tone seem as good as it is (I mean, it's definitely good, but it's the whole package that really impresses IMO!)

Definitely man. Personally, I don't think the stock impulse built into Gearbox / Podfarm sounds too good. I usually use another impulse, but only for my TS tracks. Then I add a LITTLE BIT of stereo enhancement to the TS tracks to space it out just a tad more. Then, a very light reverb application on the whole group (and I mean light, just enough to smooth things out).

I have been getting into multiband lately though, just to add a bit more punch and chugginess.

That's it. Very decent sounding IMO. :headbang:

I need a decent bass though - mine is passable, but is always lacking.

Using S2.0 these days, and getting a lot of good results so far - still have a lot of messing to do though.

the specific recording you picked out is a real amp running fx send into mic pre

then waves gtr plugin with the pre section and use the dual cabs (you can mess with the mics and cab selections)

you'll need some post processing (like harmonic distortion, eq, and limiting)

joey, you used this method in before their eyes guitars record.
more info about what cab´s and mic´s you used in waves gtr?

thanks

the specific recording you picked out is a real amp running fx send into mic pre

then waves gtr plugin with the pre section and use the dual cabs (you can mess with the mics and cab selections)

The Master Speaks!!! what do you (or anyone) suggest on limiting and eq options. btw how do I do harmonic distortion.

When doing the harmonic distortion , do you also do phase delay or is it all in EQ ?

allow me to correct a few things i said

by harmonic distortion i meant harmonic excitement, a plugin called izotope ozone 3 will do this in multiband format

and i also meant to say "with the pre section disabled" on the waves gtr plugin