Amazing performance...

dano1427

Mar 17, 2003
Concord, Ca.
WOW! Just got in from the show...AMAZING!

I've been to several hundred concerts over the years, and have to say this show was easily in the top 5....VERY VERY well done!!

--Ed, you need more room!
--Ted, Is the lounge now closed?
--I want an official Enchant "Dork" hat!
--Doug, where was the suitcase? I think I saw it behind your equipment...

This is the third U.S. Enchant show I've seen (both previous times were in Fremont opening for Fates Warning, and one headline show) and this was the best. Thanks for the effort and hard work!

--dan

:headbang:
Thank you ENCHANT!! Utterly awesome show! Thank you for pouring your energy, enthusiasm, your hearts and incredible talent into one of the best shows I've ever experienced (and I've experienced nearly 200). You all were so generous with your time--spending the evening before with many of us, playing the lengthy gig, and then, spending even more time talking with us, sharing sharpies and signing everything we put in front of you. You guys are truly awesome and unique!

Thanks to the forum guys for letting me hang out with you and decompress after that incredible high! It was lovely having that meal with y'all at that fine dining establishment with such elegant company!!:D From Enchant to South Park and Clerks--helluva decompression!!! It was great fun! Hope to see everyone again at the NEXT gig!!

Thank you Enchant!! You Rock and Rule!

Kristin
Via dragon, patiently awaiting the dvd...is it READY YET???:worship:

REALLY A GREAT SHOW!!!!!!

It was amazing see a Brazillian flag out there! Ilove it, hope it will be on the DVD!:hotjump: :hotjump:

I saw the show by the net, so here in Brazil it finished at 4:00 in the morning, but i love it.

You rule Enchant! Tks again!

Indeed...the show was simply beyond words, and SOOOO worth the trip from Seattle.

I wish I could say that the people on this forum are the nicest people on the planet, but I think that award has to the band...I was simply blown away by their desire to communicate with the fans, and how genuinely nice they all were. If I was part of one of the world's best bands and still have such a limited audience, I suspect I'd be pretty friggin' hostile.

It's really a shame we couldn't magically have 1/1000th of the world's population just listen to 20 minutes of that concert, but then I suppose it'd be a whole hell of a lot harder for me get such great seats at future concerts, so I suppose this is a nice arrangement for a selfish bastard like myself. ;)

Bill - Stop making all those double hand racing sessions look so easy, man! You're embarassing every keyboard player that was there! And love the nose work. ;)

Sean - I swear, everytime I ever saw you drum you were smiling like a kid in a candy store...a very big candy store. I'm thinking during some of the more advanced playing, you're going to show a look of pure determinism, but nope...still smiling!

Ed - I was simply in awe seeing how you came out with your drum beats...I've always loved them on the records, but seeing your work on Progtology about gave me a heart attack...which I suppose would be good for the poor people behind me jumping up and down to see anything above my 6'5" stature.

Doug - Holy Hell, man...the playing was just awesome, but your poor guitar! You ripped that thing to shreds! No wonder the guitar was trying to get unleashed from you...if you were ripping away at me like that, I'd be trying to get away too! ;)

Ted - You have a real gift, both with your titanium vocal cords, and your guitar playing...but...uh....please, no Metallica cover from you, okay. ;) Seriously...it really shows how much of yourself you pour into each note, and it's really nice to see singers who understand that it's not about singing notes, but really communicating.

I had just seen Dream Theater on the 2nd, and while their songwriting has not as good as it could be (imo), they've always been about live performances with me...there's simply no such thing as a "bad" show, or even a "good" show with them...they're never worse than "great". I've been a huge fan of you guys as long as I've known you, so I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but I've never seen you live before, and I was a little worried that seeing Dream Theater right before would spoil me for you guys.

You guys blew them out of the water. Seriously...you just seem to have a much better appreciation for what music is all about than those guys, and that isn't because I'm not a fan of Dream Theater...I have been and always will be, but you guys are just in a whole other class.

Okay, enough babbling...but quickly, thanks so much for the last two days, Enchant, and thanks to all the other forumers for being such great people! Hope to see everyone again real soon!

headbob.gif

I saw the gig via webcast on the iMusicast website (mad props for that!), and there´s no need for further talk about it. It was flawless. Sound, setlist, performance, everything... who cares ´bout Ted´s guitar being too loud? Doug had some cool unusual guitar effects, as did Bill. Ed could have been a tad louder, but who am I to argue... after all, we got his stuff in "Sinking Sand", "Progtology" and so on loud and clear. :)
What I really liked was how the guys filled those annoying tape breaks with fooling around and general goofiness. :tickled: Ted playing "Enter Sandman", the whole band jamming around, verbal tradeoffs between Ted and Doug ("Okay, okay, you´re better than me!!" Ted & Doug 4 Saturday Night Live!)... very entertaining.

Hey Dave, please call me when you get this. My flight leaves at 2 PM today, not 3 as I originally thought, and I still have to return my car - so I have to leave for the airport a little earlier. Let me know if I can still drive you to the airport.

For everybody else, damn, what a weekend! I met some amazing people, and I think I speak for all of us who were at Denny's till 2 AM, that none of us really wanted this to end...

I just left a message on your cel. If you don't get it, for some reason, the hotel number is 510-652-8777 and I'm in room 209.

I realize i'm simply echoing previous comments, but that was an AMAZING performance last night! The guys were really 'on'; i've never seen a band be more into what they were doing. All 5 were obviously enjoying their evening.

PROGTOLOGY!! Man, how great did that sound last night? It was incredible!

Many thanks to the band who took the time (after a 2+ hour gig!) to hang around, b.s., and sign autographs. I'll never forget the generosity and good will displayed by everyone (band and audience) last night. Thanks for a truly memorable evening.

The webcast and the chat was great! Well worth staying up all night! :cool:

Congratulations to Enchant and thank you for a very cool concert. You seemed to enjoy it, too. Right?

Oh, and it was great to see so many Germans in chat, including Thomas from InsideOut and the Enchant webmaster.
I mean, the show was 5AM our time. I went to bed at 9AM in the morning... :oops:

Enchant was Truly awesome last night! Ted even said hello to Tulsa Ok, Also read that I said his guitar was overpowering him and at the end I think they finally understood what I meant, Doug Ott is truly a monster on the guitar and his melodic riffs are amazing. Ed is also an amazing Bass player and of course Ted has vocals beyond compare, but I want to add that the one thing that keeps it all together is Sean's timing, Quite an exellent show and all my friends were here to watch it last night, Thanks for the shout out Ted and I will for sure purchase the DVD!

This weekend was just too amazing...nobody wanted to go home, it was all so intense! And much to much to keep secret. I submitted a short recap to www.melodicrock.com (in my spare time I'm a contributing writer), which will probably appear in the next few days. There is also a link to my pictures page. If you have pictures from this weekend that you want people to see, send them to me (or a link) in the next few days. The world has to know what kind of weekend this was. : )

Eric

Hey everyone!! Finally home in Baltimore after one hell of show from Enchant to cap off what was a FABULOUS weekend!!! We had a great time!

DiscoDave --- you said it very well --- so I needn't repeat....but I have a couple of things to add!

Right now I'm watching the rebroadcast - thanks iMusicast! It's great to see it again...but having been there, I must say there is nothing like the real thing! It was an awesome performance by an incredibly talented bandwho brings more emotion to their music than anyone in the business!!!

Doug, Ed, Ted, Bill, and Sean -- KUDOS!!! You ROCKED the house!!! Energy, emotion, and power!!!

The Friday night get together was great too --- it was a total blast to finally meet some of the people I've been 'talking to' for a year now....
Kristin, Dave (Burke), and DiscoDave (burger napper!!!) -- you are GREAT!! It was so cool to hang with you guys! Jim, thanks a BILLION for the burger run on Saturday - that was incredibly cool of you!!! Let me know how you like the CD suggestions, guys!

To Cat, Terry(?), Kristin, Dave, and 'Cat's boyfriend in the Opeth shirt' --- sorry, dude, I forgot your name! - thanks for letting me scoot in and out with my cam all night!!! You guys are too cool!

And to Dave T -- thank you so much for EVERYTHING! I had a blast this weekend tooling around the Bay Area visiting some of your old haunts! If you hadn't played Blueprint for me that first time a couple years ago I wouldn't be here today! I promise it won't be four MORE years till you get Tokie's sushi again! :)

What a weeked! What a show! And what pics! 350+ of them....raw right now -- I'll be editing this week....Y'all will be seeing them, no doubt!

CHEERS!!!!!!!

This is totally freaking great on the webcast!...I wish i would have known it was being re-broadcast today as I just woke up lol, and as for Wednesday I will be at work when it starts. I wonder if it might be re-broadcast sometime in the evening this week.

I enjoyed DT last night, but after seeing this I still miss being there, A LOT.

Kyle

ich bin besser said:
The webcast and the chat was great! Well worth staying up all night! :cool:

Congratulations to Enchant and thank you for a very cool concert. You seemed to enjoy it, too. Right?

Oh, and it was great to see so many Germans in chat, including Thomas from InsideOut and the Enchant webmaster.
I mean, the show was 5AM our time. I went to bed at 9AM in the morning... :oops:

Hey Everyone - thanks soooo much for your awesome posts and for watching on the web. I wished we had more time to address the live chat, but we were really pressed to try to squeeze in all the material within the length of the tapes. On the few times I was able to glance behind me at the monitor, I saw several names that I see often on our forum. Stormbringer was the first name I saw when I looked back.

It was funny seeing the comments when Ted and Doug were doing their banter between tape changes. I know we amuse ourselves a lot, glad to hear that others found it amusing too!

I wished we could have had more time to do more with all of you that were
online watching. Well, it was cool knowing you were all there chatting right behind my head (and hat, at times)...

Oh, and to the question of whether we enjoyed it...we had an absolute blast!
I can't say how awesome it is to play for the best fans in the music world.
You all rock!

~Bill

Just had to echo Bill's comments and say how much all your support meant to us this weekend. Seeing all of you so into the music and excited to be there was a real treat. I know that many of you came from far and wide to see the show and that support is soooooo important to us. It turned into a great party of a weekend!! with the pre-show and all!! Being able to take the time and meet you individually was a great experience, and the weather cooperated too!! Well I have to say that this was really fantastic, now it is time to start mixing, editing video and stuff to get this thing ready for release... then Europe? a new album?

There is much more in store for the future!!!!

Thanks again!!!!

Sean

This gig was so stunning!!! Wow!!! :worship:

It is so great to watch it over and over again. I tried to get away from the computer and go to bed (only five hours till work starts) for the last two hours, but I'm addicted!!!

Now, every second I've got to wait till you're back in Germany and Europe seems like years. My hands start to shake... I'll dry out... :loco:

Thanks for the music and for the way you are!!! :Spin:

mgirishfan said:
...and DiscoDave (burger napper!!!)
YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE!

Hehe...sorry my first post in this thread is a little whacked, I had JUST woken up and still couldn't get the show out of my mind =).

Special-Super-Dooper thanks to Chynablue for giving me a ride to the airport and saving me $45 in taxi fair! I'm listening to your album right now...so far I really like it...that first song rocks my socks =). After I have time to digest it I'll send more comments your way.

Another huge thank you to Viadragon for the rides to and from the venue!

Also thanks to Burke and....um........crap...I spent most of Saturday with you and Burke, yet I can't think of your name! I guess it's gunna take me a few days to really digest everything that went on over the weekend =). But thanks for letting me tag along with you guys on Saturday! We sure had a knack for just randomly running into each other, didn't we? =)

Anyway, I'm sure we'll cross paths again, but I hope it doesn't take too long! =D

well what can I say ? I actually woke up at 4 AM to watch the show. And the less I can say : it was worth the waking !

First of all hats off to Imusicast, I never saw such a quality of broadcasting for a web concert. Have a blast guys !

Doug what a sound you had, man ! Unbelievable. It was so fluid so smooth, to put in a nutshell : perfect !

Bill : why weren't you that on fire in Paris ? This is not the same Bill I saw in past october ! Don't change.

Sean : just one thing which says so much : the drumstick broken after At Death's Door (correct me if I'm wrong) ! How I don't wish to be your drums ! :D

Ed : :OMG: what a sound you have ! I loved the unisson part on Blind Sided when Doug and you play close to each other. You rule Bro

Last Ted : :hotjump: man you were on fire ! Never saw you like this before !

The global sound was perfect to me and the setlist speaks for itself and this makes me think once again : Damn Oceans

Now I can't wait for the DVD. Once again Thank you Imusicast and Enchant for offering us such a wonderful show. Have a Blast you all deserve it