Ambient black metal

llamaking

A Souless Elegy
Sep 10, 2007
I mean ive been really into xasthur and wolves in the throne room lately and i would like some stuff similar to them, with that dark ambient kind of feel. idk but bands similar to those two.

leviathan but xasthur is way better. and none of these bands are ambient. you are saying ambient but you mean atmospheric

there's really no such thing as ambient metal. it's an oxymoron. now there's a bunch of black ambient projects but i'm positive that's not what you are looking for

try:

drudkh
alatyr
velvet cacoon
striborg
darkspace
hate forest (if you like the working in a third world prison feel)

as far as atmospheric bands

abruptum is ambient black and there's no way that is what he is looking for. there's no way there is musical value in a band like abruptum since i grew up. it's the epitome of boring. seriously, don't bother. just junk anyone could do. evil? more like a waste of time. troo KVUUlt? yeah./

hate forest blows abruptum away and is one of my favorite bands ever. don'y bother with goddamned abruptum unless hitting a tennis racket against a piece of steal once in awhile turns your crank. it's rubbish. hate forest is a different story. it's like a... hate FOREST. it's a cold tedious thunderous hateful entity which will kick your ass. abruptum is a gay waste of time for people who think they get it. they are crap and not what you want unless maybe you have acid. even then i would want to listen to almost anything else.

I can't stand Abruptum either but I wouldn't really class Hate Forest(which I also love) as ambient black, or any other band listed either, because I don't really class metal as ambient, and even if there was, Abruptum would be the closest thing to it as it has black metal influence and atmosphere.

Anyway, Negura Bunget and Deathspell Omega are kind of similar to WITTR, llamaking.

I can't stand Abruptum either but I wouldn't really class Hate Forest(which I also love) as ambient black, or any other band listed either, because I don't really class metal as ambient, and even if there was, Abruptum would be the closest thing to it as it has black metal influence and atmosphere.

Anyway, Negura Bunget and Deathspell Omega are kind of similar to WITTR, llamaking.

i agree that's why i wasn't listing ambient black

try:

drudkh
alatyr
velvet cacoon
striborg
darkspace
hate forest (if you like the working in a third world prison feel)

as far as atmospheric bands

ColdWorld
Burzum
Dolorian (Ambient Black/Doom but whatever. They need to be mentioned)
Lunar Aurora
Nagelfar
Negură Bunget
Njiqahdda
Spektr
The Ruins Of Beverast
Vinterriket

Velvet Cacoon - Genevieve is probably the best choice here. Don't let anyone tell you that it's a joke or it sucks. It seems more ambient than some other choices.

I think Darkspace is pretty meh, but it fits the bill.

I don't think too much of what Leviathan has done fits in this category, but Xasthur/Leviathan is closest.

NOT "Naglfar"..."Nagelfar"...veryyyyy different (one with the 'e' is a shitttttload better).

Also don't listen to Lord Kur. A ton of black metal is very much ambient-influenced and he's basically just a moron a good deal of the time (hence being banned). If you are a Xasthur fan, check out I Shalt Become, Velvet Cacoon (Genevieve as mentioned), Krohm and Marblebog.

NOT "Naglfar"..."Nagelfar"...veryyyyy different (one with the 'e' is a shitttttload better).

Also don't listen to Lord Kur. A ton of black metal is very much ambient-influenced and he's basically just a moron a good deal of the time (hence being banned). If you are a Xasthur fan, check out I Shalt Become, Velvet Cacoon (Genevieve as mentioned), Krohm and Marblebog.

I thought he wrote Naglfar, my bad.