Dark Ambient

GrayRain

Jun 12, 2010
Seattle
Lately I've really been enjoying Daudi Baldrs by Burzum, but I can't find any dark ambient artists that have a style similar to this. So, I'm looking for any dark ambient that sounds very similar in style to Burzum, don't care if they're black metal influenced or not. Basically just looking for ambient that sounds as terribly melancholy as Daudi Baldrs. Thanks for any recs

I like both the recs, but they're not exactly what I'm looking for. I'm looking for something with more focus on the melody, but I think Burzum-esque ambient is a very very narrow genre, maybe there isn't really anything fitting into it.

Baldrs Dod is hardly an ambient album tbh, just because it consists of nothing but keyboard doesn't matter, it's still got too much going on most of the time. Its more in like with neoclassical or perhaps the Dead Can Dance end of the music spectrum (I hear Varg is fond of DCD). Hlidskjalf perhaps less so but the point is still there.

1.jpg

This is more like "Dark Ambient", Black Seas of Infinity/ Aymrev Erkroz Prevre split, can't find any tracks online but the description of the music as "subtle dark ambient", "the droning presence of night interrupted only by samples and clashing electric signals" (or something to that effect) is more along the right lines. That Leviathan album is totally the right kind of thing too.

I completely forgot about these, Hate Forest's ambient stuff and the Dark Ages side project...probably more along the lines of what you're after.

Last edited by a moderator: