Burzum's ambient work

Pyrus said:
Guilty. I do enjoy a lot of more chill-out kind of stuff like Queensrÿche, Symphony X, Evergrey, Candlemass, and even recent Katatonia...so I guess Varg's just fucking boring. ;)

I had no idea that Symphony X and Evergrey were chill-out music. Thank you for this wonderful bit of enlightenment. :Spin:

Well, yeah if you put it that way. But there's much better chill-out stuff. So, if you like Candlemass, I highly recommend you check out Reverend Bizarre, Orodruin and Wall of Sleep.

Transilvanian Scotsman said:
Artili-who?
Burzum I do know however. I doubt Artiliwhoever are nearly as good though. A separate topic for that band would be wise.

Your custom title is "Knee-deep In Metal"!?

Pyrus said:
I believe that his point was "If you're knee-deep in metal, then how do you now know who Artillery is?"

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=sarcasm

Well, that line is changed from a feature that was in the PC game: Doom. Many will agree that the game would appeal to and even fit well with the 'metal culture'. An in-joke for those old enough to remember the game.

Perhaps if one is only knee-deep in metal then one is not as knowledgeable as someone who is fully immersed in metal. oh well. ;)

I like Rundgang um die transzendentale Saule deer Singularitat, as well as Dungeons of Darkness. I haven't checked out the two prison albums, or The Ways of Yore, though.

11-year bump. Good job!

Anyway, I think that the tracks on his black metal releases are good, but I don't think the full ambient albums are worth listening to more than for curiosity.

Yeah I cant imagine paying money for the ambient albums unless you're buying the last two on vinyl for their beautiful artwork. They're kinda cool background noise and all...

I think Daudi Baldrs is a fine album, good to listen to when you play MtG, board games and what not. The swastikas on the artwork is a nice touch!
Hlidskjalf is more bland.

Generally, metal bands aren't the best source for dark ambient though.