Burzum albums ranked

Key to the Gate has to be the second-most overrated song in the Burzum discography, behind Hvis.

1. Filosofem
2. Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
3. Det Som Engang Var
4. Daudi Baldrs
5. Belus
7. Burzum/Aske
8. Hlidskjalf

Those are the ones I've heard. I think all of them are great except for Hlidskjalf which is ok but not really awsome.

Guess I need to check out Fallen.

I own 7 Burzum albums but I have trouble keeping interest after listening to even one of them. I do like Burzum though.

I have to be in a certain mood for black metal I guess. I do like it but I'm in more of a 'death & trad' mood right now.

It creates a certain atmosphere. I understand having to be in a mood for it.

1. Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
2. Burzum/Aske
3. Belus
4. Det Som Engang Var
5. Filosofem

Haven't heard the rest.

i like a lot of the classic bands, but to be honest the two most noted bands, Burzum and Darkthrone, dont interest me in the least.

I don't listen to Burzum much either these days, but when I do I'm reminded of their greatness. Especially Hvis Lyset Tar Oss which was once one of my favourite albums of all time. I still rank it really highly, but I'm not sure if it would make my top 10 anymore.

I listen to Darkthrone far more frequently, especially their first 5 albums which are all varying levels of masterpieces.

Reactions: Manic Ferocity
@HamburgerBoy

Why do you like Burzum when you pan them for being dungeon synth in the Top Yearly Albums threads?

Also lol at people saying certain black metal is a 'masterpiece' like the hipsters you are. 'High art' or 'the pinnacle of art in metal' my ass

Which particular thread? Filosofem is nearly half synth music, so I probably felt it necessary to call Burzum out when others were calling out Skunkworks. I still think he wrote a few high-quality and innovative songs across the first four albums though.

Which particular thread? Filosofem is nearly half synth music, so I probably felt it necessary to call Burzum out when others were calling out Skunkworks. I still think he wrote a few high-quality and innovative songs across the first four albums though.

It was whatever thread ranked Filosofem.