Burzum albums ranked

I know you're just a retard and all, but DCD is hardly some undiscovered until Internet age band like you think. Most of their albums have nearly 50 issues, many before the internet age and waaaay more than any obscure band that got popular on the internet.

I don't even like them that much but come on.

I know you're just a retard and all, but DCD is hardly some undiscovered until Internet age band like you think. Most of their albums have nearly 50 issues, many before the internet age and waaaay more than any obscure band that got popular on the internet.

I don't even like them that much but come on.

I was using meme just as a general pejorative. They're a band worshiped by metal people, one of the definitive non-metal-for-in-crowd-metalheads bands, and they hardly warrant it. Extremely cheesy and uninteresting music, sometimes borderline NatGeo soundtrack-tier, but because they have a cool aesthetic and a handful of good-taste metal bands of the 80s and 90s were fans back in the day, people listen to them and don't bother searching out actual choral music.

Dead Can Dance is good music, high art though? Dunno about that.

Within the Realm of the Dying Sun explores some the fundamental tensions of existence: light and dark, knowledge and ignorance, life and death, being and nothingness. It's explored immanently on Side A with Brendan Perry's lyrics and then transcendentally on Side B with Lisa Gerrard wordless chants. Of course, each contains elements of the other, but different dimensions of the tension are emphasized on each side. The compositions are stellar with excellent and creative development and excellent arrangements. And obviously, we're talking about two world class singers in fine form.

Reactions: Master_Yoda77