Burzum's ambient work

Recent Burzum "ambient" is garbage that only simple-minded metal posers would listen to. There's millions of amateur "ambient" recordings like this that people just made at home and nobody ever listens to them. It's sad that these ones are somehow getting good reviews just because Vikernes made them.

BUT IM MA KIKE I CANT LISTEN TO BR UZUM etc.

There are much better ambient artists than Burzum. I'm 100% sure that nobody would listen to his ambient albums if they were the only albums that he had ever released and he wasn't well-known for being a controversial figure and a murderer. They're fairly amateur attempts at making this type of music.

Reactions: Onder
There are much better ambient artists than Burzum. I'm 100% sure that nobody would listen to his ambient albums if they were the only albums that he had ever released and he wasn't well-known for being a controversial figure and a murderer. They're fairly amateur attempts at making this type of music.

Yep exactly what I was sayin'. :rofl:

The only pure ambient releases by any black metal musician that I've found really worthwhile are the ones by Ildjarn. They're not dissimilar from his normal output in terms of composition so they might not appeal to everyone.

Reactions: CiG
Mortiis 'The Song of a Long Forgotten Ghost' and Vond 'Green Eyed Demon' are classic also.
Anyone that hasn't already scored a copy of the Kyrck reissue of 'The Song of a Long Forgotten Ghost' and likes this sort of stuff should do so before it disappears forever.

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG