American black metal sucks ! ! !

Originally posted by thor's bloody hammer
and i'm just saying that i'm sick of europe thinking they rule the metal kingdome!!!! i

Well we do... it seemes that most of the American bands really dont get it, either they play some mix of death and thrash or they just make alot of noise and think that it is Black Metal.
Im not saying that this goes for all American Black Metal bands, by the way, Thor's Bloody Hammer I checked out some of you stuff, and I must admit that it has a good feel to it...

i am an american and shit i wish i knew some black metal bands from here...i heard that most of them suck...and euopean metal is way better...

american metal is usually just for music...and they just wanna play what they like and what sounds good...in europe...they research everything...they become one with the music and all...mwhahahaha...

i'm not saying all american metal is like that though...cuz we all know that nile is right into that egyptian craziness...

oh and nu metal is just as popular in europe as it is in america...

Originally posted by Wurdulakfan
AAAA!AHAHAHAHA!!! (GRIMFUL AND EVIL LAUGH!)

HAAHAA!

AMERICAN BLACK METAL! IT'S LIKE WHITE RAP!

HAHAHA

As a proud European I am saying,

the most Americans dont like black metal anyways.

all these marduk legions and Immortal & Dark Funeral fans were listening to metallica 5/4 years ago and now they're into black metal lately.

puh-lease!

Florida death metal rules!

but please cut the crap with our pride!

What a fucking idiot.

Originally posted by Aggressor
Well we do... it seemes that most of the American bands really dont get it, either they play some mix of death and thrash or they just make alot of noise and think that it is Black Metal.
Im not saying that this goes for all American Black Metal bands, by the way, Thor's Bloody Hammer I checked out some of you stuff, and I must admit that it has a good feel to it...

well thanks i'm glad you took a listen! what song? just curius?

and i admit america is not strong when it comes to black metal but there are a few really good bands but there inspired by norse bands and i am also inspired by norse bands cuz they do it sooo fucking well................so who cares i mean theres great german thrash but we created thrashmetal way before germany did i mean death formed 82 and scream bloody gore is a thrash classic but germany is now the kings of thrash wich is fine by me anyway.......my ancesters are german:cool:

I wouldn't say 99.9%... more like 80%. There's alot of good music out there that just isn't heard because people aren't willing to go dig around to find it.

There are some suck ass American bands, though. That I won't deny. Certainly not all of them, though.

Smith
www.lasteve.com

There's some good American black metal bands out there. I'm including Canada here.

Absu
Frozen Shadows
Megiddo
Blasphemy
Axis of Advance
Aurora Borealis
there's more, but my memory isn't working right now.
Most of them are Canadian I know... but still.

Originally posted by slayer81
Isn`t Grand Belial`s key from America...not sure?? I know they should be black metal but have to admit hardly never check out black metal scene in States, sorry...:D

Yes, they are from America.
And only ONE PERSON has named Absu. Shame on the rest of you.

Originally posted by Aggressor
Circle of fire and Odin's Tower :headbang:

cool but thos are no longer arkillery! i really dont like the person i made thos songs with so i dont support them anymore cuz "he" a layzy poser

but thanks for listening please try beyond the serpents sea or wolfs feast or the old circle of fire for a better idea of the blackdeath viking sound, its just the others dont have the spirit of the wolfs feast songs:D

I can't stand when little crybabies (especially from the U.S.) complain about there being no proper black metal bands from the U.S.

If you took the time to really search for them, you'd find them.

They exist.

-e

Well that's funny, I think this thread is for the most part filled with a bunch of uninformed idiots. Note I said "for the most part." I'll leave it up to the lot of you to figure out who I refer to.

And as for thinking that ALL good black metal comes from Europe, well I feel bad for any of you that are that uninformed. Apparently, Sadistik is the only one with a clue...

Noctes, Noctuary, Absu, Judas Iscariot, Somnus, Averse Sefire, Vesperian Sorrow, those are but a few of the high quality AMERICAN black metal (or at least black-metal influenced bands) that exist today making wonderful music. Just because black metal didn't originate here, you can't just dismiss it?! That'd be akin to saying that NO death metal from Scandinavia, Europe, South America or England "counts" because all they've done is take what AMERICAN death metal bands CREATED and incorporate OUR style into their own. Duh. :rolleyes: