Amon Amarth At The Art Of Noise Show On 10/21 In Ny

Jim Viola

New Metal Member
Jun 14, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
aaaaaaaaahhh...a nite to remember. I saw Amon Amarth in concert last year at BB kings club in NYC, and from the start to finish of their set...I was in awe :OMG: now...some 8 months later I returned with 6 of my friends to the very same place I had seen them last may at the metal gods tour. within 30 seconds of walking in the club, I saw Johan S, Fred and Olavi standing there hanging out...so we all walked up to them, said hi and told them how much we loved them. I asked Olavi how much I needed to pay him to play bastards of a lying breed. his answer: "um..quite a lot" And of course, we got pics with them. WE also met this guy from this message board there, I forget his name tho, if he reads this..RESPOND! (I was wearing a camoflauge jacket with a shaved head, with about 6 other people my age)

anyway, amon amarth put on an even better show than last time. and this time, since I have all their albums now, and am familiar with all thier stuff, it was even better for me. They played

Death in fire
the last of pagan blood
from the stabwounds in our backs
where silent gods stand guard
masters of war
versus the world

it was a really killer set, they played a lot of great songs I really like (esp. masters of war!)and really put on a great show. those gusy are so metal looking..especailly on stage, hedbanging and crap. they look like 5 vikings ready to kick your ass...especially johan. Johan's vocals were great and he was really into it...he sang with a beer in one hand and his mic in the other. the only thing that sux is that his mic kept dying at the end of masters of war and versus the world! I was so pissed. he made the best of it tho and continued to sing the songs...altho his voice would cut in and out.

anyway, if you wanna see the pics from the show...heress the link

http://www.geocities.com/jim_viola/artofnoise2.html

enjoy! (I'm the one with the shaved head and the camo)

wrath hate pain and death