Amon Amarth confirmed for Sounds of the Underground!

Nikki

Apr 13, 2006
Everywhere
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=70350

Tour dates...

Sounds of the Underground tour dates:

July 06 - Dallas, TX - Palladium Ballroom
July 07 - Corpus Christi, TX - Concrete St. Amphitheatre
July 08 - Houston, TX - Verizon Wireless Theatre
July 10 - Orlando, FL - UCf Arena
July 11 - Myrtle Beach, SC - House Of Blues
July 13 - Worcester, MA - Palladium
July 14 - Sayreville, NJ - Starland Ballroom Outside
July 15 - Philadelphia, PA - Electric Factory
July 16 - Winston-salem, NC - Millennium Center
July 18 - Toronto, ON - Koolhaus Complex
July 19 - Detroit, MI - State Theatre
July 20 - Milwuakee, WI - Eagles Ballroom
July 21 - Cleveland, OH - Time Warner Cable Amphitheater At Tower City
July 22 - Columbus, OH - Lifestyle Communities Pavilion
July 23 - Chicago, IL - Congress Theatre
July 24 - Minneapolis, MN - Myth
July 27 - Calgary, AB - Macewan Hall
July 28 - Edmonton, AB - Shaw Conference Center
July 30 - Portland, OR - Expo Hall
Aug. 01 - Salt Lake City, UT - Salt Air Pavilion
Aug. 03 - San Jose, CA - Events Center AT San Jose Univ.
Aug. 04 - Irvine, CA - Irvine Meadows Side Stage
Aug. 05 - Mesa, AZ - Mesa Amphitheatre
Aug. 06 - Las Vegas, NV - House Of Blues
Aug. 08 - Denver, CO - Fillmore

I kinda whish they'd come here by themselves and headline. I don't feel like waiting around to basically see only them at a bigass show like this.

I think we should all send a message to Metal Blade and demand that Amon Amarth does a US headlining tour.

Although a little someone told me it may happen around the Fall or Winter

I hope so. They'd be basically spending half a year in the Americas then. Plenty of time to see them :D

which is why as much as I dig AA I will not be going to see them on this cheese tour, good exposure for the band I suppose, there will be all kinds of kids going to these shows

All kinds of douchebag kids that I hope I don't see at a REAL AA show.

What a fucking shit ass line up. I'll keep my cash for Wacken. AA is going to have like Cannibal did last year, 4 songs max and all the MTV2 crowd and all the fucking metalcore kids. Well shit that's about all Metalblade can sign on their label nowadays.
Board members get ready for troll fans invasion.

That's the biggest mistake AA ever made by playing on this tour. Fuck, I am so disappointed.

Look at the upside, maybe this will get them the recognition they need to do a proper headlining tour later. And at least the kiddies will get exposed to some real metal.

I'd rather some people never get to hear to glory that is Amon Amarth. They don't deserve it.

What an awful line up, wonder if I can find the order of bands/set times in advance and just go in and see Amon Amarth then leave.

I was thinking of that, however is a 4-5 song set worth $50 you'll have to fork out? Not to mention little fuck faces you'll have to look at.

You raise an excellent point, I guess I can hold off and hope they do a tour that doesn't suck in the near future :(