Amon Amarth confirmed for Sounds of the Underground!

Next thing we know, emo boys will wear Amon shirts. They'd want to hang all over Johan and chase him like they do with Alexi Laiho.

All fans of any band feel the same way when this sort of thing happens. I guess it's inevitable if a band wants a little exposure there's going to be a clash between old-schoolers and new-fuckasses.

I just hope that when/if AA finally does a headlining show over here that the old-schoolers still come out to see them. Otherwise I'm just going to head over to Europe to catch a decent show with a crowd of people I actually get along with.

I wasn't going to go to Sounds this year, but once I saw Amon Amarth on the list, I was like FUCK YEAH!!!!!! The only band that is fucking awesome, and plus, cheaper merch. Cannot fucking wait!!!:headbang: :kickass: :headbang: :kickass:

I wasn't going to go to Sounds this year, but once I saw Amon Amarth on the list, I was like FUCK YEAH!!!!!! The only band that is fucking awesome, and plus, cheaper merch. Cannot fucking wait!!!:headbang: :kickass: :headbang: :kickass:

CHEAPER MERCH? my ass... i went to the first SOUT for Opeth, so I guess I'll go to this one for AA

When I saw this thread I was like WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

When I saw the bands I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I am extremely saddened that Amon Amarth chose to come back to North America with such retarded bands...

at this stage the guys would probably open up for Hootie and the Blowfish under the right cicrumsances, they finally just want to make some $$$ and
no one can blame them for that, they paid their dues in the last 7-8 years touring for next to nothing but adventure

all of us had a chance to check them out at a bit more intimate settings/small stage/fewer people, from now on you have to deal with well, with larger more commercialized tours and more trendy/MTV 6 kids

I've been a fan of Amon Amarth for a long time but they have never came anywhere near me. This will finally give me a chance to see them. Even if they only get 30 or 45 mins. I hate all the other bands on that tour but hell, 30 mins of AA is better than no AA at all.

I don't blame AA at all for what they are doing and I don't think it can hurt them in anyway.They are going to be playing to a wider audience and will gain more fans. It's a win win situation for them. Maybe AA will open the doors of good metal to some of these kids at these shows. Even if these kids that will be at the shows enjoy a different kind of music than the majority of us here, should we hold that against them? More fans could mean more tours, giving us all more chances to see Amon in action.

And is that good or bad for sound? I think it would be great for sound, but shitty for space. I'm really thinking about going seeing as I'm only a few hours away from the Electric Factory. What's it like inside the venue?

HA ha. does anyone know where it would be closest to someone on Vancouver island BC. Canada ... i'm hoping i wouldn't have to take 2 ferries across the ocean then drive for upwards of 10 hours .. though i would do it their visits to Canada aren't nearly as frequent as i would like nor do they really hit all of north America on their "north American" tour, a small handful of states and 2 or 3 places in Canada doesnt count. :p I wasn't living anywhere close to driving distance last time they were here and when they came a couple years ago i was evin further. and as for all the emos and "metalcore"; go out in true AA viking glory. who knows maybe you'll start a mosh pit of sorts.

Haha, looks like we have a lot of philly vikings! :kickass:

or at least people around it.

But suck show besides for Amon Amarth of course. Not really the show I would like to see them at, I wish they would start in north america with a better tour, but I wouldn't mind seeing them just because of the fact that i've never seen them live before. Too bad I'm going to be away =/

Yes, I agree, the lineup sucks minus AA. They moved it this year to the San Jose State University event center instead of the Shoreline parking lot. I think it should stay parking lot status for its apparent gayness haha. Wow they must have been really desperate to put Heavy Heavy Low Low on the lineup...I used to go to school with those dorks, and they were emo if I remember correctly...so I am guessing the rest of the lineup follows the same line. I am skipping this show for sure, no offense to AA.

That's really too bad, I was hoping their next time through would be a headline tour. I went to Sounds last year to catch a couple of the heavier bands, but the crap like The Chariot just ruined it all. Don't think I'm gonna expose myself to that crap this year.
Sorry AA...

i could care less about what bands are with them... i look at it this way... seeing as how AA went through alot of shit just to give US ( us as in we.... not the USA lol ) kickass music... the least we could do is put up with other shitty bands that might be playing with them.. and get our asses out there to support AA !!!!!