More New Dates for Sounds of the "Underground" Tour

Master_Debater

Usurper of the Goat
Jan 19, 2004
Olympia, WA & Dallas, TX
www.garageband.com
More dates have been confirmed for this summer's Sounds of the Underground tour. Here are all of the known dates:

June 24 - Lowell, MA @ Paul E. Tsongas Arena*
June 25 - Lowell, MA @ Paul E. Tsongas Arena
June 26 - Philadelphia, PA @ Festival Pier
June 28 - Pontiac, MI @ Phoenix Plaza Amphitheatre
June 30 - Winston-Salem, NC @ Dixie Classic Fairgrounds
July 1 - Portsmouth, VA @ Harbor Center Pavilion
July 2 - Sayreville, NJ @ Starland Ballroom Parking Lot
July 3 - Montreal, QUE @ Stade Uniprix
July 4 - Mississauga, ONT @ Arrow Hall
July 5 - Cleveland, OH @ The Scene Pavilion
July 8 - Tinley Park, IL @ Tweeter Center Parking Lot
July 9 - Sauget, IL @ Pop's Lot
July 10 - Tulsa, OK @ Brady Village
July 12 - Atlanta, GA @ HI FI Buys Amphitheater Lot
July 13 - Orlando, FL @ Tinker Field
July 15 - Dallas, TX @ Smirnoff Music Center
July 19 - El Paso, TX @ El Paso County Coliseum
July 20 - Mesa, AZ @ Mesa Amphitheatre
July 23 - Mountain View, CA @ Shoreline Amphitheatre Lot
July 25 - Seattle, WA @ Qwest Field Event Center
July 26 - Vancouver, BC @ Pacific Coliseum
July 28 - Edmonton, AB @ Rexall Place
July 29 - Saskatoon, SK @ Saskatchewan Credit Union Centre
July 31 - Denver, CO @ Universal Lending Pavilion

*- Unconfirmed

More dates to be announces soon. Here are the confirmed bands and, according to various sources, how the two stages are set to look:

Main stage:
LAMB OF GOD (headliner)
CLUTCH
OPETH
POISON THE WELL
FROM AUTUMN TO ASHES
UNEARTH
CHIMAIRA

Side stage:
GWAR (headliner)
NORMA JEAN
EVERY TIME I DIE
STRAPPING YOUNG LAD
THROWDOWN
ALL THAT REMAINS
HIGH ON FIRE
DEVILDRIVER
A LIFE ONCE LOST

The bands listed above aren't necessarily in order, but several sources (ads in particular) are saying that is how the stages are set to break down.

As previously reported, there are other side stage bands that will also be performing. MADBALL and TERROR will be splitting the East and West portions of the tour, respectively. Regional appearances will be made by THE RED CHORD (East coast markets), FULL BLOWN CHAOS, (Lowell and Philadelphia dates), FEAR BEFORE THE MARCH OF FLAMES (Midwest and Southeast markets), and HIMSA (Western markets) on the tour.

An Underground tour being held in Ampitheaters and Arenas....... idiotic.

I don't know if I will go, because nothing can top that fateful night at the Graceland that I saw them...... I don't want my image of them being diminished by seeing them play a crappy 30 minute set with a bunch of unworthy bands.

One of the funniest, lamest things about this, is while they're scheduled to play the Smirnoff center here in Dallas ( The same venue Ozzfest plays, Judas Priest plays, Snoop Dogg plays, lmao, )...according to the website, they're actually playing...In the fucking parking lot. How gay is that. Opeth, reduced to playing a shortened set, in the Texas heat, in the afternoon sun, with no atmosphere and an unappreciative crowd, in a parking lot. That is so lame.

I am not looking forward to pushing my way through the Kung-Fuers in the hot parking lot to get a good look at Opeth while they play.

Master_Debater said:
I heard the Seattle date is held in like this concrete, horrible acoustics place, so I'll probably pass too. It's like the exhibition place for a stadium.
I haven't been there but I found some info on it earlier:
http://www.qwestfield.com/evplanning.aspx?SecID=60
It doesn't look too bad but I'm probably gonna skip out on it as well, unless I hear they play a really nice setlist or something.