Amon Amarth DVD

Im thinking about letting a friend borrowing them. If it works in his computer/player I'll know there is nothing wrong with the discs themselves and I can keep them, awaitening a better player.

I also had some problems like that before. Maybe you should delete your secondary IDE channel? delete it and reboot your computer. PRobably it is solved then. If it is software related, try downloading VLC media player http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ and try the dvd with it.

Vikingbitch, then his pc must be prehistorical old. normally playing a dvd is not a heavy task.

SantaSCSI said:
I also had some problems like that before. Maybe you should delete your secondary IDE channel? delete it and reboot your computer. PRobably it is solved then. If it is software related, try downloading VLC media player http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ and try the dvd with it.

Vikingbitch, then his pc must be prehistorical old. normally playing a dvd is not a heavy task.
Whats an IDE channel? Know nothing about things like this.

As I have said the problem is that my dvd doesent seem to find a disc at all. At first the dvd-drive tries to read the disc for a long then then it's like there isnt even a disc in the drive. The computer tells me to put in a disc in the drive if I click the icon. You should get some type of message even if the disc is blanc right? Other dvds function perfectly fine.

This is how it looks like with the disc in:
amonamarthdvd.jpg

Edit: The picture came out small. :(

AmonAmarth said:
Do other dvds play good on your computer? Are you only having trouble with this one?
Yes and yes. :(

Edit: But my dvd HAS acted wierdly from time to time and I think it should show that theres a disc in the drive anyway.

Belgar said:
Remember that for copywright protection, some dvd's won't play on certain computer dvd drives.
But I should get a message for that right? My guess is that the drive is conflicting with some program, maybe a virus?

It worked for my friend who borrowed it so theres nothing wrong with the discs. That bastard saw all shows on one day. :D

Well the first disc seems to work olay sometimes and I think its going to enough to entertain me untill I get a new player. As a mather of fact it works right now so im going to watch it. :)

Some games that you install do install anti-piracy software upon installation ... some can cause conflicts with your hardware being unable to play certain protected-dvd's. I had the same problem with dvd's spinning out of control and not playing.
Other problem could be that you might not have the good firmware for your dvd player or outdated codex.
From what you are telling me, it seems more like the dvd not being recognized by your autoplay in the dvd drive. You might wanna try running the dvd from the "explore" root by right clicking on the dvd d: drive in the windows menu.
The easiet way remains to of course play the dvd on a regular tv-dvd and not on a computer.

You can find your IDE channel by doing this:
- Rightclick on your My Compoter icon
- chose properties
- in the new window you will get, there is a tab named hardware
- normally it is the first button. there is an icon with hardware next to it.
- when you clicked it, you should see a tree-like structure:
problem.jpg

The thing you are looking for is in the red box. the secundary IDE channel. Delete it and reboot your computer. dont worry about the delete thing, it WILL return ;). Most DVD/CD drive problems are solved by this.

no problem Larsson, pleasure to help.

I'm getting my copy today. My parents are going to buy it for me while shopping. to bad i'm in the middle of my last-year exames.

Watched the main Disc yesterday night, HOLY FUCK. I LOVE what they did to Amon Amarth (the song). Though I kinda wish something else was the closing song, I'm so burnt out on Death in Fire, haha.

1249208wa.jpg

^_^