Amon Amarth DVD

Still waiting for mine to be shipped >_<
I've heard the audio from the main show, it's great but the vocals seem a little loud, hard to hear some of the guitar work. That's in stereo though, dvd also has 5.1 :D

Maggot9 said:
my Amazon.ca order is fucking BACKORDERED.....

Dude...That happened to me too. I got an email saying it would be delayed 4-6 weeks...The next day, I got an email saying it had been shipped...And then the next day, the fucking DVD shows up and that was fucking awesome. I've only watched part, and this DVD is fucking awesome. The best part so far is "The pope was on our guest list....But he didn't show up for some reason....SO FUCK HIM!" And dude...You wouldn't happen to play the drums and live in Markham...would you?

OnceSealedInBlood said:
I'm pretty sure its "Dakar"...Which I believe is German for thank you...Don't quote me on spelling and meaning...

He says 'Danke', that's the german word for thank you. But 'Dakar' was quite close...:)

OnceSealedInBlood said:
Dude...That happened to me too. I got an email saying it would be delayed 4-6 weeks...The next day, I got an email saying it had been shipped...And then the next day, the fucking DVD shows up and that was fucking awesome. I've only watched part, and this DVD is fucking awesome. The best part so far is "The pope was on our guest list....But he didn't show up for some reason....SO FUCK HIM!" And dude...You wouldn't happen to play the drums and live in Markham...would you?

exact same thing happened to me. and i STILL have to watch half of the second disc and all of the 3rd..and no, i dont live in markham or play drums..

also, anyone notice Johans mic bust during Versus the World? you can see him off to the side talking to the crew trying to get a new one. i actually liked the unexpected instrumental:)

Just wanted to say that I got the DVD and it's fucking awesome. I've only had the time to watch the first disc so far but if the rest is anything like the first bit, I'm in for a huge treat.

If you haven't already went out and gotten it, I highly advise you do so.

Figured I'd hop on these boards and say something, incase the band saw this, and if you guys do, keep up the good shit, I've been followin you guys for a long while.

Tomasz said:
watched a bit of it, and fianally, saw live version of "Thousdan Years of Opression", hell of a song, wonder why not played live frequently

Johan once said to me that they don't play it live that often becuase it is so long, and the amount of time per set is so short. I.e., there'd be less songs per set if they chose one that was as long.
I'll get mad in shorter sentences next time, OK? :lol:

they keep on insisting that it is not a "live" song which i beg to differ, would be awesome if they played it at WACKEN

Tyra said:
Johan once said to me that they don't play it live that often becuase it is so long, and the amount of time per set is so short. I.e., there'd be less songs per set if they chose one that was as long.
I'll get mad in shorter sentences next time, OK? :lol:

Greetings, disciples of Amon Amarth!

I am Godsledge, the ultimate heavy metal maniac from Finland. Been around for almost 27 years now, been smashing and bashing with heavy metal for 16 years this fall...

I just watched the first disc of the awesome Amon Amarth DVD set, bought it today. I have to say this: this is the best live Death Metal DVD thus far. A huge setlist from (almost) across the entire career of Amon Amarth! Crushing, tight and very live sound, awesome visual sceneries, energetic crowd, the powerful Amon Amarth fire imagery all over the show, the epic sword fights...I wish other great Death Metal bands like the warmongering Bolt Thrower and the mythological Nile were able to release a package like this! Seems to me that the 3 DVD Amon Amarth set is the quintessential example of how every Death Metal band should be presented to the fans on a DVD release...

My motto is, in whatever situation I face: HEAVY METAL!!!