Amon Amarth in Florida tomorrow?

Metal_Camden

Sep 25, 2009
Anyone going to see Amon Amarth tomorrow from FL?

Anyone planning to see this tour in general??

They have not disappointed both times i've seen them prior so I don't believe it will start now!!! \m/

Very much looking forward to some windmilling and beer tomorrow!

Anyone planning to see this tour in general??
They absolutely killed in Los Angeles this past Sunday. HoB was as packed as I've ever seen it and the energy was super high. The crowd involvement in the new material was surprisingly good, and the second set was even better. I won't post spoilers, but the last part of set 2 (not the encores, just the last few songs) was vicious and flowed perfectly...my neck didn't feel right again until Wednesday morning. :headbang:

Had been planning on going to the Atlanta show tonight, but a short notice visit by relatives put an end to that... In other news, Sepultura put on a hell of show Friday night.

It was one helluva show. :headbang:

I was really impressed with the sound at the venue. Had never been there before, but will probably go back and see the Septic Flesh/Obscura/DT/Bodom show in July. Good place indeed.

Yes we definitely should go to that show. More shows at this venue please! Sound was amazing. And the show was awesome! Kudos to AA for getting to this level and being able to tour by themselves. And anyone who thinks they can't carry a show by themselves with a longer set you are very very wrong.

Re: the Atlanta show-- that has to be the largest crowd I've seen yet at The Masquerade-- dunno what the capacity is upstairs, but there had to have been about 800 people up there-- it was hot and moving for the bulk of the two sets...

Re: the Atlanta show-- that has to be the largest crowd I've seen yet at The Masquerade-- dunno what the capacity is upstairs, but there had to have been about 800 people up there-- it was hot and moving for the bulk of the two sets...

:( Grrrr.... relatives.....

The show sold about 760 advance. I think the capacity of Heaven (upstairs) is 1,000 now, so we figure that, although it wasn't sold out, it did quite well, probably around 850-900. (There was some 'breathing room' in the back, behind the house soundboard.) :)

Excellent sounding show*, really nice stage backdrop, too. Doors opened at 7pm and the band didn't come on 'til 8:30...not sure if that's standard throughout the tour, but it allowed everyone to get inside and well-liquored. :heh:

Kudos to my leather-armor making friend "Digger," who gave two pairs of leather bracers and a $400 leather breastplate to the Amon Amarth guys to throw out into the crowd. :worship:

------
* although not quite as excellent as the Agalloch show last month (!)