Amon Amarth, Manchester, 19/04/07

ROBL2500

New Metal Member
Dec 24, 2006
Whaley Bridge
Anyone else going to see Amon Amarth in Manchester with Finntroll and Octavia Sperati.
It should be a good but small crowd, my ticket is less than 300 so im not sure how many the Club Academy can hold (I estimate around 500 or so), but it looks to be a fun night out.

I went to the Nottingham date last night and it was fucking awesome! I'm even considering seeing them again in Manchester! Played a lot of stuff off the last two albums. It was a good set overall, but I was hoping they'd play "Amon Amarth" which they didn't :cry:

The gig sold out but it took place in a really small room and there certainly wasn't 300 there.

here's a brief review from manchester,don't know if it was sold out but it certainly was full the club academy,estimates 4-5oo.i missed octavia as we were in a motorway cafe,just entered the room as finntroll's intro started,first off i have to say i'm not a big fan but as a support band they were fine,playing for just over the hour mark.then on came the mighty amon amarth and slayed the crowd as usuall,this band is so consistent.
a slightly trimmed down setlist compared to last time 13 instead of 15 songs but a great night all the same.can't wait till next time.

Sounds like the UK gigs were all the same, setlist wise anyway. I've got pics and a small review on the boards of the Glasgow gig.

Manchester was incredible last night!
I am still on a massive high!!!! I saw Amon Amarth in Bradford last year and it was brutal - but last night was unearthly, they really raised the bar, song after song, after song !!!!! and my night was complete when I was given Fredriks drum skin signed by the band!!!!!!

It don't get much better than an Amon Amarth gig!
I hope they come back real soon ...