Amon Amarth outsells Whitesnake, Pearl Jam, Cavalera Conspiracy, Within Temptation

I was in a Buffalo Wild Wings a couple of weeks ago and some chick played Amon Amarth on the digital jukebox. I enjoy Amon Amarth, but come on, that ain't bar music. I was blown away that somebody in Small Town Bar, USA, knew of Amon Amarth besides me. I guess they are more popular than I thought, seeing those sales numbers.

Yeah man, those digital jukeboxes are great. At our local watering hole, my friends and I regularly play anything from Morbid Angel to Carnivore to Dissection. It's funny to see people's reactions...

And here, in their home country, they were beaten by both Whitesnake and Within Temptation (and Graveyard, who topped the week's list). Strange.

I played Queensrÿche and Manowar back to back on one of those jukeboxes at this cool pool hall here which just happens to be mostly populated by people who don't realize music was created after the death of Ronnie Van Zant. Awesome stuff.

Yeah man, those digital jukeboxes are great. At our local watering hole, my friends and I regularly play anything from Morbid Angel to Carnivore to Dissection. It's funny to see people's reactions...

It's definitely funny to see non-metal fans reaction to stuff like that. When I used to work in FYE, I remember just playing Iced Earth's Glorious Burden and the looks I got were priceless. Some were even complaining but I kept it on.

They were complaining at a music store? The best part of music stores is listening to the weird ass music that the workers play. I've actually discovered some great non-metal music just by asking the people at record stores what the hell is playing.

It's definitely funny to see non-metal fans reaction to stuff like that. When I used to work in FYE, I remember just playing Iced Earth's Glorious Burden and the looks I got were priceless. Some were even complaining but I kept it on.

You're a rebel in the fdg:heh:

Anyway, listening to Surtur Rising now. Catchy enough but otherwise derivative. The vocals could have been lifted from any In Flames, Dark Tranquillity etc album. Might watch the bonus DVD later.

You're a rebel in the fdg:heh:

Anyway, listening to Surtur Rising now. Catchy enough but otherwise derivative. The vocals could have been lifted from any In Flames, Dark Tranquillity etc album. Might watch the bonus DVD later.

who would have think that one melo-death band would have similar vocals to another melo-death band? not me, for sure.

I was at Whole Foods the other day and they were unashamedly playing 'Mr. Crowley'. :devil: Delicious organics, classic metal, what's not to like..

I was at a Baja Fresh not too long ago and in the middle of their usual latin pop playlist a totally heavy, totally un-melodic metalcore number came on at twice the volume. In that setting it was the most abrasive possible song, and when it ended we went right back to the regularly scheduled programming.

My anecdote. A few years ago I went out bar hopping downtown (Boston) with some coworkers. We were in some random bar in the downtown area and all of a sudden Dream Theater - In the Name of God comes on at EAR-SPLITTING volume. It was unreal - louder than if you actually at a concert. The whole 14 minute song was played. Then they went back to normal "bar" music (top 40 rock and classic rock). So unexpected.

It feels like I'm in 1987! WHERE ARE MY PARACHUTE PANTS?!

1987 was a pretty good year. Probably the last good one for thrash.

I remember buying new albums from: Helloween, Whitesnake, Anthrax, Savatage, Overkill, Manowar, Dio, Loudness, Keel, Anvil, Y&T, The Cult, Motörhead, Black Sabbath, Dokken among others. Great times!

1987 was a pretty good year. Probably the last good one for thrash.

I remember buying new albums from: Helloween, Whitesnake, Anthrax, Savatage, Overkill, Manowar, Dio, Loudness, Keel, Anvil, Y&T, The Cult, Motörhead, Black Sabbath, Dokken among others. Great times!

That's awesome. In comparison, it was the year I started kindergarten I believe...