Amon Amarth outsells Whitesnake, Pearl Jam, Cavalera Conspiracy, Within Temptation

I remember buying new albums from: Helloween, Whitesnake, Anthrax, Savatage, Overkill, Manowar, Dio, Loudness, Keel, Anvil, Y&T, The Cult, Motörhead, Black Sabbath, Dokken among others. Great times!

1987 was a HUGE year, as two of my all time favorites were from that year: Def Leppard's "Hysteria" and GnR's "Appetite for Destruction". 2007 was the first year I felt really OLD, when I realized those albums were 20 years old.

1987 was a pretty good year. Probably the last good one for thrash.

I remember buying new albums from: Helloween, Whitesnake, Anthrax, Savatage, Overkill, Manowar, Dio, Loudness, Keel, Anvil, Y&T, The Cult, Motörhead, Black Sabbath, Dokken among others. Great times!

Last good one for thrash? Hahaha, I absolutely beg to differ. Annihilator didn't hit the scene until 89 with Alice In Hell, and a complete assault of albums after that. I can name a ton of thrash albums that came out after 1987 that slay a lot of thrash albums that came out PRE 1987. The entire Annihilator catalog (although I am biased, so I will move on from them), Overkill - WFO, Megadeth - So Far, So Good, So What?, Megadeth - Rust In Peace, Metallica - And Justice For All, Anthrax - State of Euphoria, Sepultura - Arise, Pretty much the entire Testament discography, the entire Defiance discography, Devastation - Signs of Life and Idolatry, both Exhorder albums, most of the Pantera albums, a good half of Flotsam and Jetsam's discography, first two Forbidden albums, and the list goes on and on, hopefully you get the point. Let's not forget about the recent resurgence in thrash as well from the likes of Warbringer, Evile, Havok, Lazarus AD, etc...

Last good one for thrash? Hahaha, I absolutely beg to differ. Annihilator didn't hit the scene until 89 with Alice In Hell, and a complete assault of albums after that. I can name a ton of thrash albums that came out after 1987 that slay a lot of thrash albums that came out PRE 1987. The entire Annihilator catalog (although I am biased, so I will move on from them), Overkill - WFO, Megadeth - So Far, So Good, So What?, Megadeth - Rust In Peace, Metallica - And Justice For All, Anthrax - State of Euphoria, Sepultura - Arise, Pretty much the entire Testament discography, the entire Defiance discography, Devastation - Signs of Life and Idolatry, both Exhorder albums, most of the Pantera albums, a good half of Flotsam and Jetsam's discography, first two Forbidden albums, and the list goes on and on, hopefully you get the point. Let's not forget about the recent resurgence in thrash as well from the likes of Warbringer, Evile, Havok, Lazarus AD, etc...

Annihilator were ok for a local band. I remember my buddy being super pissed that Waters rehashed demos for the first or second Roadrunner release.

Annihilator were ok for a local band. I remember my buddy being super pissed that Waters rehashed demos for the first or second Roadrunner release.

Your buddy is wrong. I have original copies of their demos, and they don't sound anything like what was put on any album, much less the first two. Sure, there are the same songs, for the most parts, but completely re-recorded and at times, completely re-arranged or with different lyrics.

Your buddy is wrong. I have original copies of their demos, and they don't sound anything like what was put on any album, much less the first two. Sure, there are the same songs, for the most parts, but completely re-recorded and at times, completely re-arranged or with different lyrics.

Haven't seen him since 1992. If he's still alive and I bump into him I'll call him on it:D

Brent,I think I saw on a website somewhere Jeff and the guys are playing Canada soon.I saw it says Minnesota as your location.I've always wanted to see them live as I'm a big fan,but looks like you will have the better chance

Brent,I think I saw on a website somewhere Jeff and the guys are playing Canada soon.I saw it says Minnesota as your location.I've always wanted to see them live as I'm a big fan,but looks like you will have the better chance

I saw that too, and if it is even remotely feasible to see them, I will go. I've got a $4000 record collection, and I would sell it all to see them live. I've got a passport and the will to do it, so that's all I figure I need.

Oh yeah. Pretty Maids: Future World on vinyl, Raven: Life's a Bitch, MSG: Perfect Timing, Deep Purple: House of Blue Light, Alice Cooper: Raise Your Fist and Yell, Lzzy Borden: Visual Lies. Such a great year.

They were complaining at a music store? The best part of music stores is listening to the weird ass music that the workers play. I've actually discovered some great non-metal music just by asking the people at record stores what the hell is playing.

Yep. This is why I hate the suburbs. I also got in a legitimate argument with a guy about how I shouldn't be playing Bruce Dickinson due to the lyrics.

I saw that too, and if it is even remotely feasible to see them, I will go. I've got a $4000 record collection, and I would sell it all to see them live. I've got a passport and the will to do it, so that's all I figure I need.

So this probably isn't a good time then to rub in that I saw ANNIHILATOR open back in the day for KING DIAMOND and FLOTSAM AND JETSAM? :loco:

What will prolly piss you off even more is that I couldn't care less! ha! :)

So this probably isn't a good time then to rub in that I saw ANNIHILATOR open back in the day for KING DIAMOND and FLOTSAM AND JETSAM? :loco:

What will prolly piss you off even more is that I couldn't care less! ha! :)

Jason, you're evil. I'm jealous too, though not to the extent of Brent. I'm more jealous of the King Diamond part though.

Yeah man, those digital jukeboxes are great. At our local watering hole, my friends and I regularly play anything from Morbid Angel to Carnivore to Dissection. It's funny to see people's reactions...

I try not to do that, unless someone else is being obnoxious and playing 10 Barenaked Ladies songs in a row or something. I mostly stick to classic rock acts, but I try to play some of the obscure songs by those artists. I try to be considerate to not play death metal if the place is crowded and stuff like that, but if it's just me sitting there with one or two other people all bets are off.

I try not to do that, unless someone else is being obnoxious and playing 10 Barenaked Ladies songs in a row or something. I mostly stick to classic rock acts, but I try to play some of the obscure songs by those artists. I try to be considerate to not play death metal if the place is crowded and stuff like that, but if it's just me sitting there with one or two other people all bets are off.

Eh this place is kinda the 'metal bar'....has shows from time to time, dudes in local metal bands work there, so it's not completely out of the ordinary.