Amon Amarth

Im not impressed with Amon Amarth. Years ago I bought "Once sent from the Golden Hall" and have not been interested in any other album they have done. But, OSFTGH is excellent music to watch a "Football" game. I'd rather listen to Amon Amarth than those hideous game announcers. There really is a misconception about Vikings, they were a noble and upstanding people. Do the research before you open your mouth and spew complete stupidity. BTW, they also pillaged and were violent when they needed to be. What race of humans has not?

BloodSword said:
Im not impressed with Amon Amarth. Years ago I bought "Once sent from the Golden Hall" and have not been interested in any other album they have done. But, OSFTGH is excellent music to watch a "Football" game. I'd rather listen to Amon Amarth than those hideous game announcers. There really is a misconception about Vikings, they were a noble and upstanding people. Do the research before you open your mouth and spew complete stupidity. BTW, they also pillaged and were violent when they needed to be. What race of humans has not?
Noble and upstanding people don't pillage, the end.

the new album is very good, and all of you degrading Amon Amarth or saying that they have nothing to do with vikings or norse mythology are simply ignorant, close minded people. (as is most of this fucking forum, sadly)

Amon Amarth may not be the most diverse band on the planet, but they do what they do very well. and saying they have nothing to do with vikings is ridiculous since theyre themes clearly depict Norse mythology which is very closely associated with vikings...and theyre Scandinavian, which is where the vikings came from if I am not mistaken

metal_wrath said:
FFS why didn't I name them instead of Summoning, looks like I missed a chance to pwn NFU :lol:

Enslaved dont make the same music over and over though. Their viking theme is more of a compliment to them rather than their popularity being based on it. One could also argue that the theme of the lyrics actually come out into the music such as 'Queen of the Night' or 'Path to Vanir'. These two songs sound quite folky and these boys seem to have done at least a bit of research in to their heritage musically.

you wouldnt have "owned me" metal wrath. ive never cared about enslaved's viking themes. only the music...which is just on such another level than just about every other metal band that its not even funny. so you bringing up enslaved in any light other than a positive one...would lead you to being put in that cage with benighted. just fyi

B000A0HE8G.01-A25KCI3KJ0JKBZ._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V40862256_.jpg

sdmf2 said:
the new album is very good, and all of you degrading Amon Amarth or saying that they have nothing to do with vikings or norse mythology are simply ignorant, close minded people. (as is most of this fucking forum, sadly)

Amon Amarth may not be the most diverse band on the planet, but they do what they do very well. and saying they have nothing to do with vikings is ridiculous since theyre themes clearly depict Norse mythology which is very closely associated with vikings...and theyre Scandinavian, which is where the vikings came from if I am not mistaken
thank you

This thread makes me want to buy an Amon Amarth album.
I've liked the couple of songs I've heard by them, enough to download them. If you want to sing about vikings, then by all means please do. There's an audience out there for everything these days.

angelofdeath9308 said:
This thread makes me want to buy an Amon Amarth album.
I've liked the couple of songs I've heard by them, enough to download them. If you want to sing about vikings, then by all means please do. There's an audience out there for everything these days.

edit: i apologize for the unwarranted personal attack of your direct family members. i meant no disrespect. hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me. wont happen again.

NineFeetUnderground said:
the difference is that summoning KNOWS theyre just making music. and its based of a FICTIONAL story, in which they are making music which is blatantly also FICTICIOUS. Amon Amarth seems to have A LOT of trouble making that distinction. At least Quorthon attempted to have some sort of cultural or historical direction in his viking albums...Amon Amarth are basically every other melodeath band if you took out the lyrics. Its an absolute joke.
Ok. Thanks for clearing that up. I never actually payed attention to the lyrics when I saw them live (never heard them except for then).

hmmmmm. Well let me put my two cents in here. There are a couple of people on this forum that tend to make some sense from time to time, but take it from me. just because you personally don't like something doesn't make it the law. Take it from someone that will readily tell most of you that you know about half of what I forget about music, that an opinion isn't worth the 'paper' it is printed on. I see a lot of you saying shit along the lines of "this is noobtastic crap my taste is better than yours" and so on. Really what you like is based on your personal exposure to music, and you can't really justify your taste in something as being a benchmark for how much you know about anything. If some of you knew as much as you want everyone to believe, you would know a lot better than to even bother with this kind of rhetorical nonsense. Making aribtrary comments based on whether people agree with you or not about anything to do with their personal lives is merely a piss poor effort to vindicate jibberish you are clearly not very confident of in the first place. And to be honest you fuckers make more people laugh than you probably realise by carrying on with this idiotiic shit. The end

NineFeetUnderground said:
edit: i apologize for the unwarranted personal attack of your direct family members. i meant no disrespect. hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me. wont happen again.

When did you personally attack my family members?