Amorphis Burger

Brell

Oct 10, 2016
Illinois
So there is this really amazing burger restaurant where I live called Kuma's Corner. It's a metal themed restaurant that makes gourmet burgers named after metal bands, and they often try to use ingredients that capture the "flavor" of the band, or the country they come from, or some kind of song reference. For example, the Ghost burger had a red wine reduction and communion wafer. The Pantera has a bunch of spicy ingredients and tortilla strips. They list "Anger" as an ingredient on the Slayer burger lol! The best burgers I have ever had in my life! You gotta check out their menu: http://kumascorner.com/menu

Anyways, I recently emailed the location near me, suggesting that they make an Amorphis Burger for their March Burger Of The Month, to celebrate the upcoming US tour. They emailed back, simply saying "We like where your head is at." lol! So we shall see whether this ends up happening! There are three locations in IL, so chances are good that one of them will do it lol!

I started thinking, this would be an interesting discussion for the forum. What would you put on an Amorphis Burger? You can use any ingredients you want. Kuma's uses a pretzel roll bun and 10oz patty on all of their burgers, and then get creative from there. Let's hear your ideas!! I'll post mine as soon as I come up with something!

Last edited:
Reactions: papajohnny
Finally...the moment for which they made this:

amorphissauce.jpg

They should, however, go for either a Devil's moose burger or a breaded pike fillet.

Reactions: Eurynome and Brell
Finally...the moment for which they made this:

amorphissauce.jpg

They should, however, go for either a Devil's moose burger or a breaded pike fillet.

The Bourbon Sauce is a great idea! Maybe make that Pike Fillet Beer Battered with Ale From The Thousand Lakes!

Here's what I'm thinking so far, (credit to Tounelan for the Pike & Bourbon Sauce idea!)

10oz Beef Patty on a Pretzel Roll Bun
Fresh Pike Fillet Beer Battered with Ale From The Thousand Lakes
Hopeless Bourbon Sauce
Pickled Bearberries
Crumbled Feta Cheese
Spinach Leaves

To make it real Finnish, the bun should be made of dark rye (we even have an official metal version, see image below) and indeed the beef replaced with moose or reindeer (sorry Santa). Also it should be aurajuusto instead of feta, that's a Finnish blue & white cheese that indeed is popular on burgers (I wouldn't order one without it) and otherwise - try for example stuffing salmon with it (Esa's recipe from a few years back, turned out to be quite delicious).

And let's not forget a nyhtökaura (pulled oats) version for Santeri. :)

serveimage

serveimage

serveimage

Hyvää ruokahalua! :)

Reactions: Brell and tuonelan
To make it real Finnish, the bun should be made of dark rye (we even have an official metal version, see image below) and indeed the beef replaced with moose or reindeer (sorry Santa). Also it should be aurajuusto instead of feta, that's a Finnish blue & white cheese that indeed is popular on burgers (I wouldn't order one without it) and otherwise - try for example stuffing salmon with it (Esa's recipe from a few years back, turned out to be quite delicious).

And let's not forget a nyhtökaura (pulled oats) version for Santeri. :)

Hyvää ruokahalua! :)

Sounds like lovely suggestions! Is aurajuusto kind of like a Blue Cheese?

I guess Kumas didn't take my suggestion. They ended up making a burger for the band Green Jelly. :cry:

I'm disappointed, though I tried the Green Jelly, and it was delicious!!

Green Jellÿ: 10 oz. beef patty, sliced beef gyro, herbed goat cheese, jalapeño-mint jelly, topped with buttermilk breaded deep fried zucchini strips!