Amorphis interviews

They better record something new and fresh.

Esa doesn't promise any drastic changes, as expected, but says more subtle development such as in sound dynamics or song structures should always happen. I'd call that textbook Amorphis, and honestly I'm expecting bigger changes from completely different bands these days.

Amorphis being criticized for having experimented too little. Opeth being hammered for having abandoned their established sound.

I'm just glad they are both still feeling the urge to make new music and are still doing so at a high level. Sad that so many popular bands of the 70s and 80s can thrive on nostalgia and own huge car collections while being shadows of their former selves while the great bands of the 90s and beyond are working hard just to pay the bills.

I just found this nice interview with "Tom Swan", gotta love Google Translate. :D

http://sanatar.fi/tomi-joutsenen-haastattelu/

It also has this nice picture which I believe could be considered rare? I uploaded it seperately because when you click on the link for the interview, you only get to see half of it. I could save it because I found the interview via Google Images, where it was shown completely.

2z6dncn.jpg

Saw this interview pop up on my facebook feed. The part I love is when Santeri says that he doesn't think the band has reached their full potential yet! If that's true, we're in for a treat when they record the next album!

https://roppongirocks.com/2016/10/31/interview-two-wise-ones-from-amorphis/

Well that's what is so surprising and amazing about 'Under the Red Cloud' and to a slightly lesser extent 'Circle'. Producing one (some) of the best albums of their careers at this point in time just blew my mind when 'UtRC' cam out - I couldn't believe it.

Because quite frankly, when 'The Beginning of Times' came out I thought it was really time for them to shift things a little bit. It was the fourth album in a row that basically followed the same structures and style, albeit with fairly uninspired songs. Then when 'Circle' came out I realised it was really just down to the standard of songwriting and they were back! Like a new energy of enthusiasm had entered the band again, just like when Tomi J first joined.

Then after 'Under the Red Cloud' came out and it was even better, I thought that was an amazing sign. Jens Bogren strikes again!!

Reactions: Brell