Amorphis interviews

Amorphis interview on Nocturne Magazine. It's in Serbian, but Google will probably do its work well.
Essentially, nothing new or special has been said, except that guys are planning work on new album once they get home, the album will again be about "mythological stories" and Pekka will probably write lyrics...which also isn't anything new, but hey, it's a piece of news.

Amorphis interview on Nocturne Magazine. It's in Serbian, but Google will probably do its work well.
Essentially, nothing new or special has been said, except that guys are planning work on new album once they get home, the album will again be about "mythological stories" and Pekka will probably write lyrics...which also isn't anything new, but hey, it's a piece of news.

That's a whole lot more than what Esa said in Sofia when asked about the new album. - He said nothing specific. Only that they would start working on it around end of year.
I guess hangover doesn't agree with him.

And shit, of course the Serbs had more imagination to interview someone else than the usual suspects. In Sofia they could've gotten anyone - the guys asked whom they want to interview. And we got the Masters Of Rehearsed answers. Because Vassil couldn't come up with anyone else.

Does Tomi really say that "Skyforger" was dictated by the publicity department? :guh:

- Tomi: "Skyforger" is an excellent album and we're proud of it. It has a bunch of great songs which people people know and love, and it's true, that album helped us a lot.
On the other hand, that album was also a result of a lot of suggestions made by the publisher (NB, I assume), so we took worked carefully on it and the result had to be like that. I personally don't single out this album from any of our other works. -

That's the translation, more or less. But no, it wasn't publicity department, definitely, just Google having fun with us. Luckily. Or not.

And shit, of course the Serbs had more imagination to interview someone else than the usual suspects. In Sofia they could've gotten anyone - the guys asked whom they want to interview. And we got the Masters Of Rehearsed answers. Because Vassil couldn't come up with anyone else.

In Vassil's defense, the guy who did this interview (Zoran Perin) is a big Amo fan, or so I've heard, and I imagine that he is familiar with the whole "Amo interview problems".
On the other hand, this is a rare chance, Amo played here last time in 2007, they had all the time in the world to come up with good questions.

But yes, interview was definitely great, and like you said, interviewing Tomi K and Santeri was a great choice.

I had 12 questions - interesting, I daresay, and I was there. Before the interview I mildly suggested to Vassil, that if he doesn't have many ideas, I also have some questions ready.
I guess you already heard the result.
But, anyway...

- Tomi: "Skyforger" is an excellent album and we're proud of it. It has a bunch of great songs which people people know and love, and it's true, that album helped us a lot.
On the other hand, that album was also a result of a lot of suggestions made by the publisher (NB, I assume), so we took worked carefully on it and the result had to be like that. I personally don't single out this album from any of our other works.

Yeah according to that, it was indeed "dictated" by NB side how the album should sound like :rolleyes:

Amo played here last time in 2007
2008 ;)

Someone call NB and give them a list of demands to pass on for the next one as well.

They need songs about the making of beer and why steel hurts flesh.

On the other hand, that album was also a result of a lot of suggestions made by the publisher (NB, I assume), so we took worked carefully on it and the result had to be like that. I personally don't single out this album from any of our other works. -

Thought about this a bit and I think the band may see the album differently than the fans see it. It sounds like when people ask about Skyforger the guys immediately think of Silver Bride and From the Heaven of My Heart and the other Nightwish-y success stories.

For me, though, its Sampo/Skyforger/Majestic Beast.

Not to mention Sky Is Mine (glad they still play that one) and my obscure favorite Separated (shame they'll never play it). Tomi's statement was a major bringdown and a tough one to swallow, but the album remains my favorite. At least the songs themselves were NOT written by NB.

Skyforger is mine favorite TJ era album too, and yes, it certainly goes way beyond Silver Bride (even though, I must admit, of all their radio songs, this could probably be my favorite). My favorite of the album is probably From Earth I Rose, but every song on it is very good.

In any case, as bad as his statement may sound, I personally don't mind it much - or, to phrase it properly, I don't care. Amorphis is getting more and more influenced by their label demands, it's obvious. If Skyforger was a product, or at least a partial product, of such influence, it has turned out to be a good one, and I'm happy with it. What worries me a bit is that it could potentially be their last great album, if things keep going the way they are now.
But again, I don't care much. I've stated before, my "sellout!" shout is reserved after hearing the next album.