Amorphis interviews

Also, Finland still has universal service? :loco:

Well, having Russia on your eastern border is pretty scary shit.

Three Doors Down was the first.

Think Kid Rock did one too, but he's already pretty far gone down the redneck rabbit hole.

Had better opinion of Three Doors Down... This is pretty tacky and strangely does not include scenes from Vietnam, but let's not forget that their bassist recently got so wasted that killed a person in a car accident.
As for Kid Rock - you said it better than me.
Anyway, I'd think people had better reasons to enlist (democracy, freedom, yada-yada-yada), rather than a band telling them to do so, but I never claimed I fully understand Americans. :erk:

Yeah, that video pretty much put me off of 3DD forever. I'm not a pacifist or anti-military (I study and write about war and have a lot of sympathy for veterans) but I am vehemently opposed to propagandistic motivational bullshit like that video.

I'd take hopeless bourbon sauce over blood money any day of the week.

Absolutely! It's just that I wasn't aware that there are bands (at least of the popular variety) that do such kind of propaganda.
On the other hand, we have bands who get paid to play at party rallies. Nothing wrong with that - bands need to eat. What I find repulsive is that they don't do it because of their political beliefs, but go to the highest bidder. So you see a band or a singer perform for one party and four years later - for their political rival.

In that way EU is fine, but I wouldn't want to live in a war ground of EU vs Russia if some kind of conflict started :( My grandfather was a veteran of Winter War and WW2 and then like others built Finland up. It must have been horrible, I remember when I was a little girl I was push off the room when people talked about wars. My grandfather used to have tears in his eyes when he talked about the wars. Sometimes I was like under a able listening secrely. There is still his war stuff like helmet, a rifle etc at my grandparent's house (they dies about 10 years ago). Someway I would like to be bombed off like immediately if Russia would attack Finland but as I remember my grandparents I just would to do anything to help my people like f.i. we had Lotta - Svärd organization for finnish women during wars.

I just would to do anything to help my people like f.i. we had Lotta - Svärd organization for finnish women during wars.

And nowadays women are allowed in the army so we could also stand up and fight. But I'm glad that in 2013, the Russians visit here mainly for shopping and gigs.

Back on topic, here's a new interview with Tomi J - fresh enough to include his thoughts on Hanneman's death.

Esa & Niclas on Finnish TV this morning, talking about touring in general and festivals in particular. Niclas says he wants to see Rammstein, well I can assure him he's in no danger of running into me at their shows. :p And they were pleasantly surprised to make the Swedish charts for the first time ever, although Esa suspects it's only because of having chosen a Swedish producer. ;)

In this promo clip for Ruisrock, Tomi J has to decide spontaneously which of two given choices he prefers. Some of his answers have already been posted in the Amo FB group by Teme L. and Hanna P. (thanks! :) ) but I'm including them here for the benefit of those who haven't seen them yet, so here's the full set. ">" as in "is better than" indicates the order of preference; in some cases he just states which is better without further commenting on his choice.

Festival gig > club gig "difficult question, but if I have to, I'll answer festival gig anyway"
Champagne < beer "beer, absolutely"
Tent < hotel room "depends...of course I'm getting old, so I tend towads the hotel room, but it's a boring decision, because the best parties are always in the campground"
Festival bus > bicycle "Hmmm....interesting questions, well thought out....Both are good, but let's say festival bus, because you have friends on the bus and cycling is kind of lonely. I'm more of a pack animal, so I'm choosing the bus, that way my band colleagues won't be offended."
Burger > neulamuikut (a small fried fish) "Jeez, what questions you have.... really tough... well, burger"
Organic pork < organic carrot "I'd say it clearly depends on the time of year. In winter I would most likely say pork, but now that the sun is shining, a delicious carrot is more interesting than greasy pork"
Public beach < dock/jetty at the cottage"who makes these questions? These are really difficult. Well...I would say dock, because to the beach you get quite often in the summer at any rate. A holiday at the cottage is rare treat for me, so I'd rather go there."
Sneakers > sandals "absolutely sneakers"
River Aura (in Turku, near Ruisrock island > archipelago (between Turku and Stockholm) "I would propably get lost in the archipelago, so river Aura"
Kalevala > Kanteletar "oh well, let's say Kalevala"
Väinämöinen > Ilmarinen
Death metal > prog metal "absolutely, easiest questionso far!"
Circle > square "don't know, but it's maybe a bit more harmonic, in my imagination. These are a bit like Rohrschach tests, I guess the next one will about the genital area in some way, but I'll stick with the circle, in my current state of mind it seems the more natural solution"
Unnormal > "normal clearly more intersting"
Summer beard < summer mustache "both are stupid solutions, because if you have them, they should be kept all year and not just toyed around with. But if just one of them, and all year including summer, then a mustache sure is awesome."
Lake > sea
At the Gates > Soilwork
Pertti Kurikan Nimipäivät > Samae Koskisen Korvalääke "that's easy. Sure Pertti wins. Give my regards to Pertti!"
Kantele < recorder "I think playing the recorder would be kind of cool. I choose that, because I have this dream of a band where I'm playing drums, with a recorder, a bass and a hammond, playing instrumental stuff."
Moshing > air guitar "To me, air guitar always looks utterly stupid, so it's moshing, absolutely."

Last edited by a moderator:
Esa & Niclas on Finnish TV this morning, talking about touring in general and festivals in particular. Niclas says he wants to see Rammstein, well I can assure him he's in no danger of running into me at their shows. :p And they were pleasantly surprised to make the Swedish charts for the first time ever, although Esa suspects it's only because of having chosen a Swedish producer. ;)

Now I just watched this one while having dinner, LOL

Man, I really want to go back to Finland and just hang out.