Amorphis interviews

He looks like Conan the Barbarian in them pics... So much for "don't shoot the piano player"
To be fair, if your last name means "The Rock", you better not look like a wimp... :p

sande2013dg.jpg

Back to the original topic, here's an interview with Jan (in Portuguese, but Google Translate renders the contents fairly well). Too bad the interviewer doesn't use the rare chance to come up with any drumming/rhythm/5K related questions but asks the same questions (and gets the same answers) as everybody else.

For a GOOD interview with Jan, read on here in case you've missed it last year. It starts on page 22 of the e-Zine with a nice photo taken by yours truly ;) (actually the live pic at the bottom of the Portuguese feature is one of mine as well).

Looks like this indeed is number one on the agenda, more so than anything else.

Yes that product is obiously only to make money and has nothing to do with music world and it is a shame that musicians (have to?) do this kind of things but that is just my opinion. Mild, well I can then add own chili peppers there to get is hot enough :Spin:

Exclusive info for Levykauppa Äx's customers, straight from the source ;)

"So me and the guys made a new Amorphis album.

The goal was to create the perfect 2010s metal classic. It's weird how even after twenty years, the band can't make a record by themselves! Think of it, for example for the cover we had to pay Tom Bates all the way from England, 'cause the guys can't even draw. And what of me? I can't even write, so for that we needed Pekka Kainulainen to write poems. And the singing performance is some strange chirping, so I tried to cover up for the flaws with grunts and black metal screaming. Pathetic.
Sande had to go all the way to church to play the organ, since there's not enough space for a proper organ in his little flat. At least the songs we wrote ourselves, but for the production we called in help from Sweden. Peter Tägtgren had to haul himself to Finland in order for us to get our act together somehow. I don't envy the dude. And what about the songs? Well, the melodies are much too beautiful, and they stick in your head annoyingly.
Snoopy bangs on the drums like crazy and what's more, the dude has 2 bass drums. Pretty vain in my opinion. The guitars, too, are quite on the surface, so on the whole the sound is strangely heavy. And since the guys can't play the cello, flute, sax and the like, we needed Sakari Kukko and some others to visit us in the studio for that. It's really ridiculous how much trouble a band like this has to take just to record one measly album. Sure doesn't make sense.

Listen for yourself if you don't believe me!" -TJ

Exclusive info for Levykauppa Äx's customers, straight from the source ;)

"So me and the guys made a new Amorphis album.

The goal was to create the perfect 2010s metal classic. It's weird how even after twenty years, the band can't make a record by themselves! Think of it, for example for the cover we had to pay Tom Bates all the way from England, 'cause the guys can't even draw. And what of me? I can't even write, so for that we needed Pekka Kainulainen to write poems. And the singing performance is some strange chirping, so I tried to cover up for the flaws with grunts and black metal screaming. Pathetic.
Sande had to go all the way to church to play the organ, since there's not enough space for a proper organ in his little flat. At least the songs we wrote ourselves, but for the production we called in help from Sweden. Peter Tägtgren had to haul himself to Finland in order for us to get our act together somehow. I don't envy the dude. And what about the songs? Well, the melodies are much too beautiful, and they stick in your head annoyingly.
Snoopy bangs on the drums like crazy and what's more, the dude has 2 bass drums. Pretty vain in my opinion. The guitars, too, are quite on the surface, so on the whole the sound is strangely heavy. And since the guys can't play the cello, flute, sax and the like, we needed Sakari Kukko and some others to visit us in the studio for that. It's really ridiculous how much trouble a band like this has to take just to record one measly album. Sure doesn't make sense.

Listen for yourself if you don't believe me!" -TJ
:lol:

Quoting from the above:
I read that you’ve been using ESP guitars and Koch amps. Are you still using that or have you changed anything?
No, I’m still using the same gear.

Yeah sure. Esa switched from Koch to Bogner two and a half years ago. The Supernova ended up on sale in a local music shop (I was tempted to buy it but had more need for 1800 euros than for five channels) and the Powertone was last seen in Sande's company on stage with Verenpisara. Do these guys even listen to those interview questions...? :p

But I'm all for a CB reunion. Their gigs were pretty legendary, and I still listen to the album every once in a while.

The interview in the new Sue zine seems more interesting at a quick glance, but I'm about to have a guest and should be cleaning my flat. Gotta give it a closer look later...