Amorphis interviews

Not much of an interview, but a little comment on the much-speculated-upon special merch item: "Everyone has red wine now, we wanted soemthing different..."

amorphis_bourbon_sauce_soundi.jpg

It's not about buying or not. It's about this ridiculous trend in general: "We're after your money". It has long since stopped being about the music.
It used to be innovative and interesting three years ago, now it's plain silly.

It's business as usual. Sure it's not about music, but it's about the brand. And since artists make generally so little in Finland, I'd say fire away.
Besides sauce proven by Amorphis? I want to taste that!

I think if you are going with a Bourbon barbecue sauce they should have used Majestic Beast. ;)

How about My Kantele fish sauce or White Swan buffalo wing sauce? Enigma moose head pasta?

Stupidity.
I have expressed my dissatisfaction with bands doing this, but this is beyond ridiculous. I don't care that this helps the band (and frankly I quite doubt that the income from this will be substantial for musicians themselves), this is really...selling out?
Not that, I hate the term and it's wrong, but for me it is definitely a blot on the name of Amorphis, even though it's a tiny one.

Also, what the hell is bourbon sauce?

I suppose that bourbon sauce could be the sweet sort of bourbon based syrup that is put on bread pudding sometimes in the US South, but I think it is more likely a bourbon based barbecue sauce -- bourbon, molasses and spices to put on slow grilled meat.

A type of sauce for grilled meats, etc...

Yeah, and I used to make fun of the Manowar condoms...
Wonder what would be next - Tomi Joutsen freerange eggs?

What..? I saw this in the net before and I was categorized as a joke. Don't tell me it wasn't... But henna tattoos sounds as a good idea!

I belive now, there has been talk and information of this in the net. I am not sure what to think about it, that has nothing to do with music :cry: I am a friend of hot chili peppers and I grow them too and you can find me at the summer from my greenhouse. Well, maybe I will buy a bottle to taste if I bypass that sauce. If it is good, I may buy more but not because it is Amorphis product.

According to the Soundi article, the sauce is rather mild. In the interview, the guys talk quite extensively about making money, more so than in any earlier report I remember. Otherwise there's not really much new info, mostly additional details about what's already been said more briefly elsewhere (i.e. descriptions of the songs and the making-of process). But two writers are mentioned: Nightbird's Song is by Tomi K (
icon_thumbs_up.gif
) and Narrow Path by Sande. Also, two of the songs that were dropped from the album are by Tomi, I hope they're among those that will be released as bonus tracks.

two of the songs that were dropped from the album are by Tomi, I hope they're among those that will be released as bonus tracks.

I so hope the bonus tracks are those made by Tomi K! I understand that songs that doesn't fit in the line and theme and in the whole view, need to drop out, but I so like Tomi's composes.
And if Esa describes those songs as a Landscape of Finland and a Finnish Atmosphere, they need to be good stuff.