Amp - Best of all worlds

UlfK

Thrash member
May 1, 2006
Berlin
Hey Guys,
GAS has led me into confusion. I bought two many amps the last years. SOme of them are fine, however, I would really love to see my favorites combined in a single unit.

Here's what I love:
a. 5150 High Gain, possibly with more attack
b. JCM800 Overdrive Boosted - classic thrash (I have a 2205 here, boosted with TS-808)
c. ultrapunchy Crunch (my fave is an Ampeg VL1002 with 6550 1st channel)
d. ultraclean, punchy - best I heard was the Boogie mk2c

Is there an amp that can deliver these four channels. Engl, Diezel, Randall... what do you think?

POD

400px-Trollface_More_HD.png

But for real; ask for Wolfe to make a custom amp that has similar characteristics on all the channels.

Sounds like you need:

The new Kemper Profiling Amplifier :) Capture all the amps you want and use them as you will!

kemper-530-100.jpg

Just kidding, but it would solve all your varied amplifier tone needs.

I saw a couple of videos about this "amp" and I'm pretty interested, I would love to see what sneapsters could do with it :D

Check out the Randall MTS pre and poweramps. You can mix and match preamp modules to get tones in all the hues of the rainbow and the power amp can switch between 6l6's and EL34's on the fly.

I really like the concept of the randall MTS stuff. But I am not that confident in Randall's quality. I have read and been told by other musicians I know about them not holding up that well.

I think some of the clips I have heard of them sound pretty cool though.

Hey Guys,
GAS has led me into confusion. I bought two many amps the last years. SOme of them are fine, however, I would really love to see my favorites combined in a single unit.

Here's what I love:
a. 5150 High Gain, possibly with more attack
b. JCM800 Overdrive Boosted - classic thrash (I have a 2205 here, boosted with TS-808)
c. ultrapunchy Crunch (my fave is an Ampeg VL1002 with 6550 1st channel)
d. ultraclean, punchy - best I heard was the Boogie mk2c

Is there an amp that can deliver these four channels. Engl, Diezel, Randall... what do you think?

Seriously man...

Well... You answered your question right there... You clearly made up your mind which amps you like, then go and buy them all and you're done man

I really like the concept of the randall MTS stuff. But I am not that confident in Randall's quality. I have read and been told by other musicians I know about them not holding up that well.

I think some of the clips I have heard of them sound pretty cool though.

All i can say is that my Randall is built like a frikkin' tank.
Couldnt imagine it breaking down just like that.

But the thing im annoyed about is that it seems like the regular modules sound like shit.
I have the SL+, and its muddy as fucking fuck no matter what i do with it.. same goes for my Brown-module(Even though its slightly tighter sounding.).
But my SuperV(George L's signature Vox module.) sounds great, it has that nice Vox-sparkle.

Im going to have my modules modified though, Wolfeman helped me out with some ideas a while back, but i probably wont be able to afford to pull them of for a few months though.

Sounds like you need:

The new Kemper Profiling Amplifier :) Capture all the amps you want and use them as you will!

kemper-530-100.jpg

Just kidding, but it would solve all your varied amplifier tone needs.

can be used on a dangerous space mission also! :lol: