Amp for a gig?

Cervantes

The undead general
Sep 29, 2004
Belgium
Is it better to buy a good amp if you're playing concerts or just to rent it, what are the most musicians doing and which amps are they (you) use?

Cervantes said:
Is it better to buy a good amp if you're playing concerts or just to rent it, what are the most musicians doing and which amps are they (you) youse?

What are you playing?

I prefer to own. Saves time in having to pick up the gear and shit, though you do have to store it yourself.

Babykabob said:
*whistles*...that's a few bucks right there, for the powerball especially...both great amps tho...look into Madison as well(www.madisonspeakers.com) they sound awesome and will cost about half as much as a boogie...

:eek: Wow cool amps. But it seems that you can't buy it in europe :erk:.
Especially Belgium.

Cervantes said:
:eek: Wow cool amps. But it seems that you can't buy it in europe :erk:.
Especially Belgium.
you can still buy them...you just wouldn't go through a retailer, you'd go right through the company... I know you could get them because ABORTED(belgium) plays them, at least one of the guitar players does. If you're at all interested just let me know, and I could help you out.

I'd prefer to have my own. I'm not saying it'd be better because that's up to your own opinion. Though it doesn't matter if you only have a mid range amp. You can just put it through the PA at the gig & buy the more expensive, better & louder amps later on when you start making money from the gigs.