Amp settings

Meedleyx10

Dec 20, 2003
I'm omnipresent
Ive grown more and more fond of marcel's lead tone, and i know his primary amp used to be the JMP-1, but i know he also has a POD (as do I.cept mines a PODxt) and i was wondering if any of y'all could steer me in the right direction for a marcel-ish lead tone, at least so i could start there and tweak it to my pleasing. Or, if Marcel wanted to answer.....i supposed i could settle for that ;) . If this is posted somewhere else already, feel free to bash me and then redirect me to where i can find it.

By the way, one of the reasons i would like to get closer to his tone is that my band is covering Closing In (killer tune), so i would like to do the man some justice

Heya, the secret in someone's tone is the way of playing really. Make sure you play clean, no strings ringing while you are playing, mute the other strings and stuff. And work on your tone as well, make it sing (good vibrato) all this is the main thing in my sound. It really comes from the fingers :)

Marcel

ive definately got the chops down well enough to play cleanly, i guess ill just start analyzing all the nuances and such. Thanks very much for the reply my friend