Amp Shootout - Jet City / Engl / Marshall

Really great sounding clip! I'd go for the JCA with no boost, I love this raw side. What settings did you use?
Don't like the Engl an the 8100, quite like the JVM but a bit too boomy for me - at least for this test.
But tell me something: the JCA 100H is at 350€ at Thomann while the common public price is... 950€! Is there a problem or I'm missing something??

Jet City's were about £400-500 over here when they were still available. I don't think sales have been all that great (the UK distributor pulled out as they couldn't compete with Marshall and Blackstar) so prices are dropping rapidly. I would seriously scoop one up while they're at such a good price!

I love my JVM, and every time someone posts a shootout, I love it even more. Didn't care for the Fireball, and the 8100 is a solid amp, for a solid state head, nowhere near the other three IMHO

Since AmpliTube Custom Shop has officially certified models of both Jet City and Marshall, (and an "unofficial" model based on the Engl Powerball) you can do your own shootout at home.

The best part is you can download AmpliTube Custom Shop totally free, and demo any expansion models for 48 hours for free, which is more than enough time to decide which amp fits your style best.

And since you know that the AmpliTube model of the amp you choose is going to be absolutely authentic, you'll always have a digital backup available for quiet practicing or easy re-amping.