Ample Destruction Question

Jean-Pierre

Son of The Bitch
Jun 27, 2004
Detroit, MI
Hey Mark,

I noticed that when I recieved Chain Of Command, you mentioned in the linear notes that you once purchased the widely popular bootleg.

Well, I aquired the bootleg version of Ample Destruction with the Tyrants EP as bonus tracks a while back(A version that is very frequently appearing on Ebay), and I just wanted to know--have you ever purchased that bootleg? If so, is there a large margin of quality between this bootleg and any of the official releases?

I'm in the process of attaining the original vinyl and I'm about to hunt down an official cd version (probably the Metal Blade one), so I would just like to know.

Thanks,
Jean-Pierre Abboud

The Metal Blade release is the best sounding. The Ample / Tyrants split bootleg sounds good.

The original Ample vinyl actually sounds a bit weak. We had one of the $10 mastering jobs done at a back alley L.A. mastering lab.

The Metal Blade release is a full remix/re-master. It was remixed at the same studio we recorded Ample, but they had done some significant upgrades to the equipment in the studio. I also worked with the original engineer from Ample on the remix. We spent about 9 days in the studio working from the original tapes. In comparision we spent about 2 days on the original Ample mix.

Mark

Well, the vinyl that I'm working on getting is one of the test pressings of the album. Any differences, or the same? I'm guessing it's the exact same thing except labeled "Licensed to Kill" in some places, right?

Thanks.

Jean-Pierre said:
Well, the vinyl that I'm working on getting is one of the test pressings of the album. Any differences, or the same? I'm guessing it's the exact same thing except labeled "Licensed to Kill" in some places, right?

Thanks.
The one labeled 'Licensed to Kill' is missing a song and sounds awfull. Plus they got the album title wrong.

Mark