Ample Destruction bootlegs

Shadow Thief

New Metal Member
Jul 20, 2006
Toronto, ON
I've seen several versions of Ample bootlegs on the net, the most common being the "no poser" version. I own the "Iron Works" version which sounds excellent for a bootleg, but I was wondering which of the non-official versions sounds the best.

The version I have also comes with the following tracks that the no poser release doesn't:

Tower of Darkness
Instrumental
Black Sunday
Eyes of the Night
Fallen Angel

I'm very confused. I've been looking for a 12" of AD for ages, and I can't figure out whether the '84 release was on Azra Records or Iron Works. I've seen a dozen review sites saying either/or, BNR Metal lists it as IW, but TrueMetal.org and Wikipedia both say Azra.

Also, was there a picture disc of AD brought out on IW?

I'm getting the feeling you could write a entire goddamn concept album about the release history of AD...:p

I bought the Poser version of AD on CD through Rockadrome a few weeks back not knowing that it was a bootleg. I just emailed them to ask if I can return it. Either way I'll burn a copy for anyone that has either of the first two Iron Man albums(both out of print, I don't burn or accept in print material). Bootlegging pisses me off. It's sad that JP doesn't have the rights to AD. Anyone know what the exact story is?

Are we talking about vinyl releases here? If so, Ample Destruction was released on the Ironworks silver label which is a division of AZRA and was distributed/marketed by Important. The label/matrix code is IW-1001. The phono copyright at that time was held by AZRA 1984 and the lp was actually manufactured by Erika Records of Bellflower, CA

Side A deadwax says "Yes he still is" and B-side deadwax says "D.T. did it"

This is the Samurai cover version, I also pictured my Metalcore version which is autographed by all members. The second image shows the Ironworks label

jag1.jpg

jag2.jpg

Was the "No Poser" version ever released on vinyl

Apparently Joey Taffola wants a ridiculous ammount of $ for it, which I just don't get. I have the Metal Blade version now so it doesn't make much difference to me.

It seems that the No Poser version is the more usual. My copy sounds great but I realised that in the beggining of "Symphony of terror" you can easily hear a short "scratch".