amplitube/amp farm & enemy of god

mxlinus

I'm not a number!
Apr 23, 2005
Finland
www.nicoleband.com
our producer fell for amblitube recently. he uses it in almost every mix he does nowdays. what are your experiences with amplitube (is it safe to use, meaning is it good enough for professional mixes) and what about amp farm? is it better than amplitube, and whitch amp model would be the best on amplitube?

my quick opinion on the guitars with amplitube was that I think it just makes the guitars sound too "mono". I mean the stereo image is not as wide as it would be when recorded with real amps and mics. maybe with some studying, it could work??

few days ago I talked to sami from kreator and he told me andy used either amp farm or aplitube on the new kreator album along with 5150. anyone (andy!) know whitch one did he use?

INAB I wouldn't let Amplitube anywhere near guitar tracks on a final recording... It's kind of alright to run some tracks through to get its color... I was experimenting with running some very flat sounding guitar tracks through it and it made them sound more 'ampy', but at the moment I've seen nothing to make me use it on a final recording.