Amptweaker TightMetal pedal

I was about to post a reply bagging the living shit out of 'the tone king', and how he couldn't dial in a decent fucking tone if his life depended on it, but yeah, some pretty good sounds in this video.

Still think he's a fucking assbandit :heh:

Hahaha, yeah well, I guess I cut him some slack cause I figure metal isn't really his thing. It was nice to see a run down of all the features though.

Originally Posted by Empathy
I was about to post a reply bagging the living shit out of 'the tone king', and how he couldn't dial in a decent fucking tone if his life depended on it, but yeah, some pretty good sounds in this video.

Still think he's a fucking assbandit

Hahaha, yeah well, I guess I cut him some slack cause I figure metal isn't really his thing. It was nice to see a run down of all the features though.

Haha poor Tone King. He is kind of dorky (though whether that is merely a contrived persona for the sake of his videos only he knows for sure), but like it or not that's a big part of his charm. He isn't super cool or a superstar on guitar, he merely comes across as an "every man" who is an average player with average tone that loves guitar and guitar gear and since that is actually what most players out there are, that is likely why he is popular.

Anyways it wasn't my intention to resurrect an old thread just to defend him, I just wanted to say that I find that his averageness is actually quite informative. I reckon if he can get some good sounds out of a piece of gear then chances are it's probably really good. ;)

I know that may seem like a bit of a back-handed compliment but more than any other Tight Metal demo done by better players, his was the one most instrumental in convincing me to buy the pedal.

I'm looking forward to trying it out when it arrives and if it kills like a lot of others claim then I'll be laying down some tracks on an upcoming album with it!

But that's exactly what you just did. :err:

Haha I guess it looks that way, although it was not my intention to defend him as a person or as a musician but merely as a source of information, using his tone as the "control" as they say in science labs. I could have left out the comments about his personality and style and still got my point across. My bad.

So let me end my reply with one of these bad boys here: \m/ ;)