amsterdam, nov 12 - 19

Don Corleone said:
yeah im gonna kill to be there this year
hopefully with werchter
pieter came over last sunday :)
oooohhhh.. the festivals are almost here again..

the rumours for rock werchter are: David Bowie, U2, R.E.M., Rammstein, Coldplay, Gorki, System Of A Down, Depeche Mode, Eels, Beck, Soulwax, dEUS, Zita Swoon, Ozark Henry, Beastie Boys, The Prodigy, Green Day, The Dresden Dolls, Hoobastank, Fatboy Slim, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Dido, Tom Helsen, Tool, Deftones, Feeder, Chemical Brothers, Keane, Snow Patrol, Razorlight, The Libertines, Freestylers, Scissor Sisters, The Music, The Blues Explosion, Outkast, Kylie Minouge, Gabriel Rios, Ash, Weezer, An Pierlé
:headbang:

for graspop : Iced Earth, Amon Amarth, Mötley Crüe, Twisted Sister, Motorhead, Dio, Gammaray, Saxon, Doro, Sebastian Bach, Nevermore, Krokus, Destruction, Tankard, Jag Panzer, Nasty Savage, Vicious Rumours, Demon, The Haunted, Accept, Black Sabbath, Nightwish

marginalé said:
oooohhhh.. the festivals are almost here again..

the rumours for rock werchter are: David Bowie, U2, R.E.M., Rammstein, Coldplay, Gorki, System Of A Down, Depeche Mode, Eels, Beck, Soulwax, dEUS, Zita Swoon, Ozark Henry, Beastie Boys, The Prodigy, Green Day, The Dresden Dolls, Hoobastank, Fatboy Slim, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Dido, Tom Helsen, Tool, Deftones, Feeder, Chemical Brothers, Keane, Snow Patrol, Razorlight, The Libertines, Freestylers, Scissor Sisters, The Music, The Blues Explosion, Outkast, Kylie Minouge, Gabriel Rios, Ash, Weezer, An Pierlé

for graspop : Iced Earth, Amon Amarth, Mötley Crüe, Twisted Sister, Motorhead, Dio, Gammaray, Saxon, Doro, Sebastian Bach, Nevermore, Krokus, Destruction, Tankard, Jag Panzer, Nasty Savage, Vicious Rumours, Demon, The Haunted, Accept, Black Sabbath, Nightwish
FUCKING HELL???????????

i would travel all the way only for this:
Tool

woowww graspop seems to be great again... well lets see... my plans for summer are still open but for sure I'll do rockhard festival and summer breeze again cause these were the best ones :)

and I'll be at the arnhem metal meeting as it seems in 2 weeks :)

Nobody remembers this, but motley crue are worse than deicide for cancelling european tours

I've been listening to hair metal radio all night. Ratt, reo speedwagon, foreigner, MSG is on now :kickass:

Bambi said:
I've been listening to hair metal radio all night. Ratt, reo speedwagon, foreigner, MSG is on now :kickass:
Good old Reo Speedwagon, haha! :tickled:
This is just as cheesy as the mourning-in-the-woods music you accuse others of listening to...

"And I'm gonna keep on lovin you
Cause it's the only thing I wanna do
I don't wanna sleep
I just wanna keep on lovin you
And I meant every word I said
When I said that I love you I meant
That I love you forever..."
:erk:

no way, its honest, down to earth heart felt music. thats why us blue collar joes love it :Spin:
Stand here and tell me JBJ didnt mean every word of "dead or alive" ffs

and at least foreigner and them can sing cheesy lyrics and sound convincing unlike whiny aaron and his anemic mates :erk:

yeah Allan knows the score. Actually if aaron or someone wrote those lyrics, all the goff girlies would be weeping on their lace pillows :tickled:

you've just caught teh correct there big time son

look if me and Allan are agreeing, you HAVE to be doing something wrong. Now toodle off to Micks 80s thread for a remedial class in classic 80s catchiness and see why its different to that faux goth cack

mötley crüe, bon jovi, def leppard...all of them wrote lyrics of this kind. talking about love, sex, drugs, rock n roll...and the great thing about it is that THEY WERE 100% RIGHT, HONEST AND BLUNT:

THEY WERE INTO LOVE, SEX, DRUGS AND ROCK N ROLL!

however take those goth bands. do you think they are mourning under trees, waiting and bleeding for their loved ones all the time?
they're probably snorting coke and molesting their teenager fans backstage.

what makes 80s, hair metal and all of rock n roll better than those cheesy goth metal tunes is that they DO accept they indulge in these wonderful sins.

there

yeah foreigner and them always wrote about the ordinary joe struggling through life, getting up no matter how many times he was knocked back and still believing he can make it. "living on a prayer" brought america out of recession single handedly ffs!!