an easier way to program midi notes for bass vsti and drum vsti in reaper

vejichan

Dec 29, 2011
Ok I am trying to find an easier way to write midi notes for use with virtual bass vsti instruments like trillian, zombass and 4front bass. Ok I found out a way but I am stuck. Let's say I want to use 4front bass. Now I download tux guitar and I tab out the bass lines..how do I get those bass lines from tux guitar into reaper and on the virtual track with 4 front bass? How do I get the tab in tux guitar to display midi notes?, trillian or 4 frontbass in reaper. Any advice or suggestions?

You mean you find it easier to write a tablature than to program the bass in midi??? Does midi programming suck that bad in reaper or am I missing something?

Last edited:
Well in that case I would advise the OP to stick with the midi for a bit, it will be worth it. Funny thing is a couple of weeks ago I was actually looking for a way to do the exact opposite, I wanted to import my programmed midi bass into guitar pro as a tablature, it saves so much time. Writing tab is almost like doing math, to figure out the note values etc., and it can get really frustrating, for me at least.