An interesting piece of interview

Windom Pearl

HUGGY!!!!
May 31, 2001
Tampere, Finland
www.farmakonband.com
http://www.lotfp.com/Interviews/KayoDot2003.htm

TD: A lot of the argument now is that all of the ideas have been used up. So what's going on now is people are doing contrived shit in an effort to be progressive. Maybe in the 70s, a lot of things you would have been able to think of were used, so now it gets down to something like fucking FARMAKON, who play metal but then the singer does some weird stuff and they're supposed to be interesting. I think there is a lot of progressive music going on now. A lot of really good shit now. New stuff. But it's not necessarily in metal. Some people sit home and download music all day, and I don't do that. So I hear maybe one new record a month. So I don't want to sound authoritative, but a lot of what I'm listening to is unique. It's cool shit.

"I am in a transsexual butt plug band and what I listen to is a lot better than everything other people listen to." God I love these arrogant sperm-mouthed asswipes. Got to love them because I am a bit like them (the only difference being that I 'm not in a transsexual butt plug band).

Note to self: Not are Maudlin of the Well & Kayo Dot only music made for an all-male anal orgy, but the members seem to be gay as well.

Quote: The word pretentious is really misused as far as music goes. They use it to describe things they don't get. What they're really saying is, "This is too smart for me." --- Conclusion: now there's a stupid faggot who's gay.

Quote: Everything we did with the old band had a lot of meaning and was really deep. --- Conclusion: This guy is gay, doesn't know it but sure as hell likes it.

Quote: People were going to say the name was 'gay'. Of course! That's what metal people do! --- Conclusion: These faggots feel threatened, and are gay. What they don't know is that metal people are the gayest of all, and that they are metal people themselves in a pursuit of something even more gay than they are now.

I can't go on. My head hurts. The whole interview could be summarized in a sentence "we're gay as fuck and know no other way to tell it than giving this interview".

I could handle the PR of Farmakon from now on. I bet Windom's mouth is starting to hurt from shouting "gay" all the time. Me using words like "faggot", "pooftah" and "tit" wherever possible can bring your image to a whole new level.

Then things have changed. If I remember correctly, last time I saw the whole band together, you were thinking if you should beat the living shit out of me for the things I've said in this forum.

I liked those old times better.