An interesting story for ya...

ChromeLife

askew
Oct 24, 2001
Atlanta, GA
So I used to work at a big chain record store in the US called FYE... it is owned by Transworld entertainment.. a gigantic company.. it is the sort of store there is one of in almost every city east of the mississippi river... well one of my old co-workers called me today and told me their districts sales manager (who is supposed to scout out new bands to push in stores e-mailed them this...

"Check out the band Katatonia when you get a chance (if you havent already). If you're into Tool, APC, and any of that progressive type metal...this is one thats definately worth of a listen, at the least. A friend bought me a copy of "Viva Emptiness" today and I'm totally jammin' out to it....."

He is late on the draw if you ask me cause we have been pushing Katatonia at that store for a long time now... but he will at least put it in every store in the district, and prolly suggest it to his fellow sales managers... so a good thing! Even if stores like that have pretty damn high prices...

Deliverance6 said:
Great.......I have those stores here in Michigan too......hmmmm.....thanx for the info...

Dont let them tell you you cant get Katatonia stuff from there... they are just being lazy... at the store here we have nearly every disc and the boxed set. They love to tell you they cant order stuff though cause it can be a hassle.