Interesting Katatonia facts thread......

Deliverance6

Jun 4, 2003
Ann Arbor Michigan U.S.
Visit site
We had a similar thread a while back but I thought it would be cool to revisit it since we have many newcomers here.....

I will post shit tons of shit here eventually....and I think it would be cool for some of you newer guys and gals to do some research of your own.....post some shit.....you old fucks too.....hell everyone post some interesting fact about Katatonia.....then we can ask Jesse to "sticky" it.....then we can refer people to this thread if someone is new.....

"Katatonia" means a psychological illness. The state of locking the eyes to a point without any movement in your body and any thought in your mind.

OK post away people....or dont....its really up to you... ;)

Good post Deliverance6. I collected some interesting facts about Katatonia on my fan site. If anyone have something new please post it. I would love to put it to this collection. Most of this shit I took from this forum. There is so much info about our beloved band ;) I love to find some new stuff about them. Anyway here you can see what facts I gathered - check it out if you want - http://64.23.124.69/site/katatonia/!ciekawostki.htm
btw, thanks for all info I found on this forum! Cheers.

iirc there was an album supposed to be released after 'For Funerals To Come'. its name was 'Moonbride' and there was already the covepicture painted...

Discouraged_Tom said:
Good post Deliverance6. I collected some interesting facts about Katatonia on my fan site. If anyone have something new please post it. I would love to put it to this collection. Most of this shit I took from this forum. There is so much info about our beloved band ;) I love to find some new stuff about them. Anyway here you can see what facts I gathered - check it out if you want - http://64.23.124.69/site/katatonia/!ciekawostki.htm
btw, thanks for all info I found on this forum! Cheers.

Lolz....actually I thought about it after checking that stuff out on your site......I dont know what else we will be able to find.....but I would love to try....there is so much more to know.......so I think anything else will be hard to find....but worth GOOGLING the shit out of it.....at least we will get more people interested in the band themselves....as well as the music......You rokk TOM :wave:

Deliverance6 said:
Lolz....actually I thought about it after checking that stuff out on your site......I dont know what else we will be able to find.....but I would love to try....there is so much more to know.......so I think anything else will be hard to find....but worth GOOGLING the shit out of it.....at least we will get more people interested in the band themselves....as well as the music......You rokk TOM :wave:

Yeah. There is always something to find ;)
Maybe let think guys about certain questions and maybe someone will have an answer. I was thinking about one thing yesterday... I check booklets and some google but couldn't find it. Well here is the question - who did design old Katatonia logo (with pentagram and shit) and the new one (first appeared on DO album)?. I don't have an idea who is responsible for it...

Ok, I put my two pence. Do you know who is the woman standing on the chair, ready to hang herself, in the 'tonight's decision' booklet ?

(I've got the answer !)

Discouraged_Tom said:
Yeah. There is always something to find ;)
Maybe let think guys about certain questions and maybe someone will have an answer. I was thinking about one thing yesterday... I check booklets and some google but couldn't find it. Well here is the question - who did design old Katatonia logo (with pentagram and shit) and the new one (first appeared on DO album)?. I don't have an idea who is responsible for it...

I know that the new one has been done by Anders using a font...No idea though for the old one.

ooh, this is good stuff! i dont have anything to add yet but i will!!
Does any have a picture of the moonbride artwork?

That is correct.....I think he is also singing about Will Oldham when he sings: from "Dont Tell a Soul"-LFDGD::::

which has the following line:
"I live for all this thing
that I heard someone sing
when you have no one
no one can hurt you"

I think he was probably listening to will oldham when he wrote that.....

O how I enjoy the light "from Tonights Music"....is also a will oldham cover....

Will also has a song called "I see a darkness"....kind of close to "a darkness coming" from TD......although I have yet to hear the song.....maybe a connection there somehow.....I dont know...

this is good shit.....keep it comin everyone!!!! :wave:

I've always wondered what the interpretation for "Chrome" was. I was thinking of making a thread on it but I don't know if it's common knowledge or not as to what the song is really about.

"A mirror is hanging kinda loose on my wall. I'm passing it sideways, I'm saying hello. My brother is halfway through a book I left him, called me today to see what I'd say"

It's one of my many favs but I just don't get it.