Katatonia + dreams

Here's a little update on my Kata- dreams :)

I was at a solo- gig of Anders, in a small room only about 50 people, very nice but I don't really remember any songs. At the end he thanked a long list of people which was quite strange but entertaining because the names were very funny and the audience cheered after every name. Then he began to play Kents "Sverige"- song but was interrupted by a stupid phone ringing somewhere in the room and the answering machine went on, no one knew where it was and so it couldn't be stopped. This was embarrassing and so Anders decided to end the concert.
Then we all went to my parents house which had turned into a restaurant/ hotel. I guided the guests to their rooms. My mum had prepared food on 5-6 huge tables for the whole crowd (she is the best, really!!) I wanted to sit at the same table as Anders, I saw there was a free seat right next to him but for some reason I ended up at another table, together with some friends, a nice American girl called Stella (??? no idea who that was) and errrr... Mike Portnoy. I wondered what this guy was doing there, well, obviously he is a Katatonia- fan ;) He spoke Spanish to my Italian friend Ether. The bassplayer of Samael was there as well. I could still see Anders on the other table and wondered whether he's going to like my mum's food, 'cause it's not exactely Mc Donalds- style...

@Bloody Swan: What did you dream lately? Hopefully not of silly answering machines and Mike Portnoy ... ;)

I guess I should feel myself kinda wretched and miserable now 'cause I've never had a kata-dream so far :cry: Or maybe I'm still waiting for my kata-dream for real ;)
Btw, Tom, you really have schizo dreams :tickled:

I dream kata last night, but this time I remember the dream!
I was at one of their concerts and they announced they were going to play the new songs! I was really excited..but then when they entered the scene...there was something unusual in them..Jonas was sitting on a chair and that made me perplex...then Anders wasn´t there and Jonas played acustic guitar and sang always sitting...Then there were maxi screens and a big audience but from the screens you could only see Mattias....
The funny thing is that I wasn´t among the audience, but behind Katatonia on the stage, even if no one could see me. So I began to think how cool it was to listen and watch a gig from the other side!Kata had some problems with cables, so I had to be careful with them...but the absurd thing was that I was sitting on the floor with a baby who could speak as an adult and explained me all the new songs...Then the baby asked me for a cigarett....and I told him he was too small for smoking...
ha ha then I don´t remember what happened and I woke up!

ether said:
I was at one of their concerts and they announced they were going to play the new songs! I was really excited..but then when they entered the scene...there was something unusual in them..Jonas was sitting on a chair and that made me perplex...then Anders wasn´t there and Jonas played acustic guitar and sang always sitting...Then there were maxi screens and a big audience but from the screens you could only see Mattias....
The funny thing is that I wasn´t among the audience, but behind Katatonia on the stage, even if no one could see me. So I began to think how cool it was to listen and watch a gig from the other side!Kata had some problems with cables, so I had to be careful with them...but the absurd thing was that I was sitting on the floor with a baby who could speak as an adult and explained me all the new songs...Then the baby asked me for a cigarett....and I told him he was too small for smoking...

What a very strange dream, Ether.

ether said:

Thatis really wierd Ether......because I had a dream that I was backstage at a Katatonia concert being held by you.....and I was a baby....and I just wanted to smoke and listen to Katatonia....but you wouldnt give me one.....so I kept messing with the cables while you werent looking....;)

you guys...
if you only new what kind of absurd dreams I have sometimes!
This is just an ordinary dream..but sometimes I have nightmares...like once I dreamt I was driving the car and then I was stopped by the police at a crossing...looked up and saw three men hanging on three gallows...
Then a lunatic came and tried to draw down and suffocate the men because they were still alive and didn´t want to die, then he ran away...and the police accused me..
ok I´ll stop here..but maybe I could get inspiration to write lyics for a death metal band like bloodbath!

Deliverance6 said:
I am so happy to see you posting here again.....seems like you had dissapeared for a few.....your posts always put a smile on my face.....thanx:wave:

Uhh... but I'm not a clown or some kind of a hippie! I'm dead serious, a though guy, heavy metal, hope you understand!!

now playing: Manowar, Slayer, Burzum and all that evil shit...

salisbury said:
Uhh... but I'm not a clown or some kind of a hippie! I'm dead serious, a though guy, heavy metal, hope you understand!!

now playing: Manowar, Slayer, Burzum and all that evil shit...

Oh no.....dont take that the wrong way Salisbury.....you are the most hardcore banana/katatonia freak ever!!!!
THOU....keeper of the jungle.....take pity on us.....for we are without bananas.....

it seems like I dream quite often of katatonia...but this night I woke up in the middle of the night after I had another weird dream...so I thought this is quite funny and I have to write it down here:

As usual I was at a Katatonia concert, but it was actually rehearsals in a big venue, that actually looked like a cinema. This was their last concert of the tour, but I couldn´t understand in what country they were playing. I was quite angry because I wanted to take pictures, but I had forgotten my camera.
There was a manager, or maybe a director who was telling kata how to organize the show, how to move etc.
After a while they entered the scene and jonas was dancing...which was actually funny..so I was thinking "what the hell do they have to do to entretain people..this is ridiculous!" Meanwhile Anders was posing and tried new poses...but I thought "this is ok, he can pose very well"
They began with Murder but after a while the director stopped them because there was something wrong with an amplifier..and Anders got really angry because he didn´t want to be stopped in the middle of the song...So he began to fight with the director/manager...
I don´t know why, but while they were fighting I went on the stage and began to try to play drums...but they had no sound.
After that the manager said that maybe Fred and Mattias should interact more with the audience and should come down among the audience and sit somewhere while playing guitar...So suddenly Fred came down and he was sitting among the audience who were just a few people also sitting like at the cinema.
Now the more absurd part...suddently this audience changed and they were dressed like medieval people..and also Fred seemed to be dressed in medieval clothes..and he had an acustic guitar....
But then Mattias and Anders came down among the people as well, sat down near Fred..and Fred and Mattias suddently turned into two frogs..or maybe it was fish...So I began to wonder which was Mattias and which was Fred of the two, maybe Mattias was the smallest one? Just when I was trying to say"this is Mattias" the other frog ate up him...and went away.
So I try to look if I could find Anders..and actually he was with the others and they were watching some strange green sentences projected on the wall..
Then I don´t remember what happened..but ha ha it was really a fucked up dream!

Deliverance6 said:
Oh no.....dont take that the wrong way Salisbury.....you are the most hardcore banana/katatonia freak ever!!!!
THOU....keeper of the jungle.....take pity on us.....for we are without bananas.....

allright, you seem to be a cool guy, wanna come around and have some bananas with me? I have LOTS. Ether can also come. But wait, I better clean my treehouse first, fucking bananas everywhere, some of them look veeeeery ooooold...

I dreamt of Katatonia last night. In my dream I was 40 minutes late from the concert, furious, and when I came to the club they were throwing picks from the stage and I caught one. Then Anders shouted my name because I took the pick and asked me to come to the stage (though there weren't anyone else besides Daniel and he was drinking beer). Then I had to play guitar with D. who played drums (somehow he possessed an ability to drink beer while playing drums). And everyone laughed at me because I suck at playing guitar :zombie:

ether said:
but the absurd thing was that I was sitting on the floor with a baby who could speak as an adult and explained me all the new songs...Then the baby asked me for a cigarett....and I told him he was too small for smoking...

ether said:
Fred and Mattias suddently turned into two frogs..or maybe it was fish...So I began to wonder which was Mattias and which was Fred of the two, maybe Mattias was the smallest one? Just when I was trying to say"this is Mattias" the other frog ate up him...and went away.

S.T.R.A.N.G.E :ill:

I had a few months ago a dream only about Jonas...
in the dream he looked exactly the way he looks on the black and white photo of bloodbath in the "breeding death" booklet(meaning, short hair, breathing heavily with bloodlust in his eyes).It was dark and he was coming at me with his eyes all red asking me:"why didn't you come to see us?"(It was probably about bloodbath but I can't be sure now) I was running away and he got me and started kicking me and then I woke up.

a few days later I had a dream I saw Nightingale live and after the concert I met the band and Dag Swanö's(Dan's older brother) beard started unglueing like it's a fake beard that was glued on earlier.So I told Dag,your beard is coming off. he looked at me and ripped the whole beard off and said "I don't need a beard to ROCK!"

yer dreams are so amusing :p
as for me i have never dream abt music, at least that i rember.
But i dream really often that im a tv new's reporter, making features in horrendous murders, it freaks me out big time!!!

My Nightmares usually come to falling in an endless pit or from a high building

Usually my dreams are sexual and feature a girl who's a Katatonia fan from Grand Theft Auto,Ontario, Canada(It is what GTA stands for,isn't it?) :D ;)