I managed to get two friends of mine into katatonia

ether

°°§°°
Jan 14, 2002
Visit site
I just wanted to tell you that I'm very proud of myself because I managed to drag two friends of mine into katatonia.
I burnt a Cd with a compilation of some of their songs (It was so hard to choose which ones to put on) and gave it to one of them.
After two days he calls me and says that he likes them, that Jonas has a beautiful voice and so on!!!!
As for the other friend, while we were chatting online I convinced him that he had to listen to that band and advised him to download a few songs...On the next day I met him again during the chat and he began to write to me the lyrics of " A darkness coming". He said he had been listening to it all the day long and couldn't get it out of his mind!
He said that it was so strange that he has never heard of Katatonia before...
I think they really don't get enough promotion, because they could reach a very big audience...they are really better than many other famous bands and it makes me so angry to know that they are so undervalued!

i think it's better to remain in some ways an "underground band", loved by not so many fans, but who are REAL fans, and music lovers, as i am with my favourite bands.

so, i hope that katatonia, and also opeth [which is really my favourite band] won't become something like rock-stars, because money ruins everything!!!

standing with the words of mikael, i'm pretty sure this won't happen with opeth, and i'm so happy it won't!

anyway, yes, it's always good to "convert" someone to your favourite music...

Heh, when Tonight's Decision was released I got one of my friend to buy it, cause I was not able to find it anywhere and he did...after that, he has got all recent Katatonia-releases...after that, I've turn every single girlfriend of mine into Katatonia :) Just working on one right now :lol:

I'm currently in the process of trying to get some of my friends to like Katatonia. I burned them a compilation with like....15 or 16 songs on it. I haven't given it to them yet, but I know they'll like it.

Hey dude, I´m very happy about that, good for them. But the thing is you don´t have to think you´ve archieved any tricky issue, coz it´s very easy to get somebody into Katatonia, the only thing you have to do is playing a Katatonic song and let it born... Hahaha :rolleyes:

I'm very proud of myself because I managed to drag two friends of mine into katatonia.

Same here :D
One of those lucky guys is my brother, who only likes LFDGD though. A friend of mine is already fond of BMD, TD and the last album. In other words: he's directly on his way to hell :devil:

[edit]
i got three of my friends into katatonia

show-off ;)

I don't like getting my friends into Katatonia, it may sound strange, but I feel as if they're taking my music away from me...

My mother just came in here singing along with the song I'm playing...

What an odd, odd woman.

:lol:

Angel

i often regret getting my 3 friends into katatonia, for the fact that it does feel that they are taking katatonia from me. katatonia is one of the things that separates me from my friends and from now on im gonna keep it that way