Bootlegs in 1996

Rainy Filth

Brave Murder Day
May 17, 2002
Inside the city of glass
Visit site
I've just checked out 3 bootlegs of katatonia in 1996.
The quality is very poor so I cannot see the members clearly.
I doubt if the frontman was mikael?Did he even play the guitar ?(It seems that Mikael was like a REAL katatonia member :) )
I'm just not sure about it.. as I can remember Jonas was Blone and had long curly hair releasing "BRAVE MURDER DAY"...
was the drummer Jonas in those bootlegs and Mikael did the guitar & vocal part??

Rainy Filth said:
Add one more question, did Jonas growl in "Jhva Elohim Meth"?

eh.. yes, he had done the growls, this is the main reason he lost his voice, i think. well excepting 'for funerals to come', that is.

i haven`t seen the bootlegs yet, i`m going to receive them in a few weeks, but i think katatonia did play with mikael a few live shows. no, he wasn`t (or wasn`t supposed to be) a full-time member, only a session vocalist, but they did a few live concerts here and there together with mikael. he played guitar and did the vocals then, quite in a good way i must add! :)

khayman said:
eh.. yes, he had done the growls, this is the main reason he lost his voice, i think. well excepting 'for funerals to come', that is.

i haven`t seen the bootlegs yet, i`m going to receive them in a few weeks, but i think katatonia did play with mikael a few live shows. no, he wasn`t (or wasn`t supposed to be) a full-time member, only a session vocalist, but they did a few live concerts here and there together with mikael. he played guitar and did the vocals then, quite in a good way i must add! :)

THANKS for reply~ Yeah of course I know Mikael wasn't a member of katatonia :) , But I really think that he led the live ...he was so cool and supposed to be an important "member" in the live as he both played the guitar and sang.. just like the "Frontman" did...

however, it's upset that the quality of those bootlegs are too poor.
even can't see their face clearly..:)

I read in an interview that there were times when Mikael felt he was a real member of Katatonia. I don't know if it was more because he knew the members so well or because he spent so much time with the rest of the band. Nice to know that it would have worked though. It would've been one hell of a band if they did more records with Mikael. :) No, I'm not saying they aren't now, but they would've been better.

khayman said:
you`re most welcome..

weeeell, mikael makes a very good frontman, so i don`t doubt he was some kind of a semi-frontman during live shows -- if now a true one, i am not certain about the whole live-thing. :p

HA! I've just asked someone... the one who played guitar & vocal in the live was Blackheim-_-... I really can't see his face..
I thought it was Mikael because there was another guy playing bass/guitar there... oh that was blackheim......

IT´S ANDERS who play guitar and vocals. Jonas is the drummer but in the last 1996 show I have, he isn´t the drummer, it´s another guy. Anders said that Jonas was on his way to Sweden.

samoniac said:
I read in an interview that there were times when Mikael felt he was a real member of Katatonia. I don't know if it was more because he knew the members so well or because he spent so much time with the rest of the band. Nice to know that it would have worked though. It would've been one hell of a band if they did more records with Mikael. :) No, I'm not saying they aren't now, but they would've been better.

Well the reason the Mikael and Katatonia know one another so well was because I think Jonas used to be roommates with him or something.

_Zicrom_ said:
IT´S ANDERS who play guitar and vocals. Jonas is the drummer but in the last 1996 show I have, he isn´t the drummer, it´s another guy. Anders said that Jonas was on his way to Sweden.

you said the another guy playing the drum ?Had he got brown short hair ?
I'm just wondering if Jonas had already cut his long blonde hair at late 1996..

Rainy Filth said:
you said the another guy playing the drum ?Had he got brown short hair ?
I'm just wondering if Jonas had already cut his long blonde hair at late 1996..
Ummm.... yes, he had brown short hair. Also, I can say that he is a bit fat. :)

And the shows I have that Jonas is playing the drums, he has his long blonde hair, so it´s sure him!