Katatonia + dreams

I’ve had many band related dreams. The weirdest bands related dream I’ve had was one where I was at Big Day Out (big music festival in Australia) and I was in a canyon on the edge of this football field. I was hiding from the cops who were driving across the football field in yellow ex-Swedish army over snow vehicles trying to bust me for drugs.

I tried to run away but I got busted by them(I had no drugs). Witch involved me being in this huge pit of clear beach balls and other people who wore getting busted for drugs, while a cop pointed a fire hose at me. After that I went to see a band called The Kovenant. The stage was covered in drum kits and ballet dancers, and I never got to see the band.

(this is not really a dream but its katatonia related)
I was listening to No Good Can Come Of This last night while falling asleep. I’ve done this many times before, but last night was different. Upon hearing the words “there are children, on the freeway” I had the most vivid mental picture of two kids on a freeway, like an old photograph. Its was all I could think about until I fell asleep.

Imagine this:
There are three lanes of a freeway stretching into the distance. It’s dark and there is a thick mist about. No star or moon light. Everything looks bluey grey. The freeway is straight and crosses desolate train. Despite this most background detail is obscured by mist. On the left side of the freeway, you can faintly see a street light. And a more distant one on the right side of the freeway. In the foreground is a young girl. About four years old. She is sitting between the right and middle lanes facing the left side of the freeway. She is tracing the white lane markings with one finger. It’s to dark to see her face properly. About one meter to her left stands a boy. (Her older brother?) The boy looks to be about five of six years old. He is staring down the freeway into the distance. His face is half turned toward the left side of the freeway. The boy has one hand raised in front of his face. Shielding his eyes from the headlights of an on coming truck.

“there are children on the freeway”

when i hear these lines i always imagine some children playing on a huge bridge stretching into the vast and around it are ruins of a big city (i always think of San Francisco o_O )

it looks like a location hit by an atomic bomb...

I had a weird dream last night.
I was "on the road" with Fred. Ok, it was more like shopping and Fred wore a blue satin dress. Sadly I don't remember why this all happened. :erk:
I think we spoke german in that dream.

Unicorn said:
I had a weird dream last night.
I was "on the road" with Fred. Ok, it was more like shopping and Fred wore a blue satin dress. Sadly I don't remember why this all happened. :erk:
I think we spoke german in that dream.
A blue satin dress. And going shopping with Fred.
Didn't know there was any chance of you getting even more weird ;D
No Mattias in it, huh?... how sad v.v

BloodySwan said:
A blue satin dress. And going shopping with Fred.
Didn't know there was any chance of you getting even more weird ;D
No Mattias in it, huh?... how sad v.v

No Mattias. :(
It was a long evening dress. I remember it looked really nice :loco:

Unicorn said:
It was a long evening dress. I remember it looked really nice :loco:
LOL! :tickled:

I don't remember now but I think once or twice I had a Katatonia related dream. I sometimes think to myself that I should write down my dreams right after I wake up so if I forget them then I have the paper where they're written to look at but I always forget... or, depending on the dream, I sometimes don't really want to write them down and I rather forget them, heh.
I use to have freaky dreams that involve death or weird things or people like if I was in a horror movie or something... Sometimes I dream with my deceased grandparents and those are usually nice dreams but a bit sad, and sometimes it feels like they're talking to me... I think that dreams might be a way for the dead to comunicate with people... I have thought about this for a long time now, specially after a dream I had where my grandfather was talking to me trying to cheer me up like he knew exactly how I felt at that moment... it was pretty weird and a bit sad but very nice at the time.
I was having awful dreams related to funerals, dead people, coffins and all that, even with people I didn't know who they were... I suppose this is all because of the loss I recently had in my family but fortunately at least the last 2 nights I haven't had that kind of dreams. I know I'll always have weird dreams, it seems like a part of me but I don't mind. It's cool to dream. When I can't remember what I dreamt I feel like something is missing, hah, and the sensation that there was no dreaming is strange... you always dream, it's just that sometimes you don't remember.
Well, I wrote too much.

Unicorn said:
I generally think that women are more accessible for that kind of things.
I honoustly don't think so, I guess it's pretty equal.
But some men are like... eh... 'men'.
you know, the type of: beer, football, titties and stuff xP
I guess women are more open about that kind of things

edit: or was this what you meant? =P

Vincent J. said:
I honoustly don't think so, I guess it's pretty equal.
But some men are like... eh... 'men'.
you know, the type of: beer, football, titties and stuff xP
I guess women are more open about that kind of things

edit: or was this what you meant? =P

That's true, too. But I meant it generally. :)

okay, I had some dream a week ago or so and still haven't forgotten it!
lets share

there were two véry big grey massive bridges, just like the two I have in my neighbourhood (over the river the 'Rijn') but then far bigger
I was standing on the one bridge and at then end of it (where it hit the ground) there were green bush and trees and very much nature
the rest of the world I could see (I could see pretty much forever from on the bridge) was like flat grey desolate citylike areas, it looked flat because I was higher...
and in the distance was the other big grey massive bridge
I was with some persons there, but not anyone that I knew, and it felt like I was alone
when I was looking at the bridge to my left I suddenly saw a véry big explosion,
it looked like a nuclear explosion, it blew up the entire bridge
It was very strange because I didn't hear any sound, there was complete silence...
then after a short time I heard the explosion very intensely and understood this was very serious and I felt alarmed
as I saw the explosion slowly coming closer I ran towards the nature

the main feeling in this dream was clearness or clarity (how you want to call it)
I didn't had any fear or whatsoever. even though I felt alarmed I was still very calm
people who meditate sometime may know what I mean; it was like the feeling when you've meditated for a long time and you feel really calm and everything is clear... but then much stronger and more satisfying

oh, btw, the persons I mentioned were only there around the time the explosion began, after that they weren't there anymore. they weren't important anyway

I had this dream the other night. I woke up in a bed in a small office. The bed was against a wall. The opposite wall was all glass with a door way that went out to a corridor which had reception desks all along it. The glass wall had some dull grey office blinds covering it. The wall at the foot of the bed was blank except for a large full length mirror. The wall opposite the mirror had another reception desk against it.

As soon as I woke up I was certain that this random guy was going to kill half the people in the world if he got some safety pins out of a box of staples and cotton wool that I had. I jumped out of the bed and ran out of the office to one of the reception decks in the corridor. I knew I had to tell someone who worked in the building so that they could stop the bad guy from getting in and taking the safety pins. I quickly explained the situation to a lady behind the desk. She then turned to one of the other staff members with a look of “not another one” on her face. This got me a little frustrated. The world was about to end and she couldn’t care less about stopping it.

I ran back into the office with the bed in it. And tried to explain the situation to the guy behind the reception desk. I had the staples box with me and I put it up on the desk and showed him how there were safety pins hidden under the staples and cotton wool. I was trying to convince him of how import this was. He just sat there and gave me this blank stare.

I realized that I wasn’t getting through to any of the people who worked in the building. So I just turned around to face the big mirror on the opposite wall. Stuck my hand through my stomach, ripped out a hand full of intestines, and hurled them at the mirror. They hit the mirror in the middle and some blood splated around the room. Then they slowly slid down the mirror leaving a bloody smear until they landed on the floor. Hand full after hand full, I would reach into my stomach and pull out an internal organ and hurl it at the mirror. After doing that for awhile, I just woke up.