Interesting Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say we change it to "The official Knut (me) loathes people who think metal is the "light" and need to convert everyone to metalheads" thread.
Wow you made some guy listen to m3TUL!, should we praise you and think youre awesome? Does it give you inner satisfaction? I mean who you made someone listen to metal!
If there is one kind if people I hate it's the people who always try to shove their interests on others. You remind me of the guys who show up on my door with a bag of Bibles and a fake smile. Please go somewhere remote and die.

No, no, no, no. Now you are just being rediculous.

Yeah, but they might not like those either. Its all different to most people, especially the ones who dont listen to any kind of heavy music at all.

Yeah, but they might not like those either. Its all different to most people, especially the ones who dont listen to any kind of heavy music at all.

no I realize this - all I am saying is that you can't expect DM to be popular when there is NO exposure to the general public

the first time listening to cannibal corpse... I hated it soooooooo badly

the second I heard morbid angel - it was beautiful - DM would be popular if more people had access to the good bands

the image of the genre really hurts it as well - some people have a hard time getting past the death/satan imagery that is associated with the genre

I don't know man - I just love the genre so much - I really wanna see these guys become popular and get the type of money and support that they deserve as they are some of the greatest musicians in the world

panzer stop acting like an idiot - I'm not here for anybody's approval or praise - I'm here cause I love the genre and I want to see it rise above all the garbage that today's youth listen to

Early Deicide is better and more important than any of the bands listed in the topic start.

And how is Bloodbath not gimmicky? They are a tribute band for gods sake. They started out as Mikael and the Katatonia guys just randomly deciding to record some old school death metal between session recordings in the studio. And it grew into what it is now, a band that while being pretty good at what they do, is just rehashing old ideas for the hell of it.

panzer once again - I am not forcing them to listen to these bands - I never insulted them for wanting to listen to different music

I was just suggesting that they listen to it and they loved it

I don't understand how you can be against what I did today - if somebody did not do the same for me, I would be listening to 50 cent slipnot and korn right now

panzer once again - I am not forcing them to listen to these bands - I never insulted them for wanting to listen to different music

I was just suggesting that they listen to it and they loved it

I don't understand how you can be against what I did today - if somebody did not do the same for me, I would be listening to 50 cent slipnot and korn right now

I'm not against letting other people listen to what you listen to, I'm against the "whoa I made someone listen to METAL!" attitude, as if metal was something non-metalheads are too stupid to comprehend. It glows very brightly from your post, you think that it's something other people miss out on and that it's your duty to spread the word.
And you wonder why people think metalheads are narrow minded...

If you didn't "discover the world of metal" and listened to 50 cent or Korn which by the way also is metal, you would probably enjoy that kind of music so I really don't see the point.

narrow-minded??? dude I am becoming a HUGE fan of underground hip hop and classical music - I also have tremendous appreciation for progressive rock and jazz (though those 2 genres don't appeal to me yet)

I'm just trying to expose people to different forms of music

jesus christ am I gonna be flamed forever for all of those posts about bodybuilding??

I didn't say you are narrow minded I said "And you (as in the true elitist metalhead wannabes on this forum including you) wonder why people think metalheads are narrow minded..."

Bloodbath is not gimmicky. Dan Swano is from Edge of Sanity which is one of the first swedish death metal bands. I would rather see him tribute a scene he was appart with other veterans than some random musicians. All the people involved in bloodbath take a shit on any new death metal musicians.

Status
Not open for further replies.