Looking for some good Melodic Death metal bands

Has anyone said Carcass or Morbid Angel?

I'm not too sure if MA is melodic death metal, but close enough. They have some outrageous tracks that don't mix with death metal like "Desolate Ways". Awesome...

EDIT: Okay, somebody said Carcass. Good. ;)

well.. Heartwork of carcass can be considered melodic death metal but other albums as Necrotism and Symphonies of sickness are death/grind and reek of putrefaction is pure grindcore. Morbid angel isn't melodic death metal!!!! is pure American Death Metal WTF...

Tubbs Mcgee said:
Has anyone said Carcass or Morbid Angel?

I'm not too sure if MA is melodic death metal, but close enough. They have some outrageous tracks that don't mix with death metal like "Desolate Ways". Awesome...

EDIT: Okay, somebody said Carcass. Good. ;)

yes I said carcass, Heartwork being the main album I was referring to

At The Gates - Terminal Spirit Disease

Dark Tranquillity - Damage Done

Two Awesome Melodeath Albums. I don't know why people pick Slaugher Of The Soul over Terminal Spirit Disease. Slaughter Of The Soul has more of a thrash influence and its not as folky/melodic death as Terminal Spirit Disease.

And I like being an asshole and childishly attempting to piss people off, but it usually fails if they have any amount of maturity.

Well, if your gonna recommend an In Flames album...it might as well be The Jester Race. The Jester Race > Colony, IMO.

Dark Tranquillity is my band. Check out Damage Done, and The Gallery indeed!

I've gotta check out At The Gates.

Tubbs Mcgee said:
Yeah, the Dream Theatre thing really isn't affecting me.

Well, at least you've grown up after that last incident with people misspelling Dream Theater.

Theres an unsigned band named "Thales". They're a VERY awesome Melodeath Band. You can find them on myspace... Or atleast thats where they added me.

I think they're from sweden.

Or check out Corporation 187. They're another Awesome Melodic Death Metal Band.

And Don't forget Dimension Zero.

vampyrouss said:
Fleshgrind and Pig Destroyer...

...Maybe not

I suggest Insomnium and Sternenstaub

LMFAO at pig destroyer. yeah, they're melodic all right!

The Poona of Peshwa said:
Amon Amarth is the headbangin'est stuff out there. Also The Project Hate is real good, suprized nobody mentioned it.
I would've mentioned em if you hadn't gotten to them first! I love that one song, at the entrance to hells unholy fire. so awesome.

Tumn said:
Bloodbath isn't melodic death metal.

Newer Hypocrisy is more melodic.

damn compulsive psychosis... best riff ever!

If you are looking for a melodic death metal band you must catch up on your classics from Death, At the Gates, Dark Tranquillity and In Flames, Arch Enemy, Carcass, Amon Amarth, Children of Bodom.
Other Swedish, not really melodic but I will list anyway are Meshuggah, The Haunted, Cult of Luna, Extol, The Duskfall, Candlemass, Tiamat, Hypocrisy, Bloodbath, Nocturnal Rites.

Or you can just search google for "melodic death metal". Whatever works for you.