Looking for some good prog bands

Powers said:
It wasn't though it was me being silly. Trust me i'm not going to try and provoke you who is in California, on an internet forum from here in the UK where i am. And i'm esspecially not going to do it through 1337.

I apolagise if it offended you.

im not going to get "offended" by you. just stop wasting everyones time being a retard.

NineFeetUnderground said:
im not going to get "offended" by you. just stop wasting everyones time being a retard.

Ok, no offence, but here is what you need to do:

Shut the fuck up, you whiney little bitch!!!

You understand that?

:)

(Anyone who can be that petulant in their refusal to take a genuine apology needs cutting down to size. It's as simple as that.)

I'm listening to Procol Harum - A Salty Dog right now. It's pretty damn good.

btw, you guys are hilarious

Powers said:
Mate please.

I was trying to be civil.

quit cluttering up a perfectly good prog thread and go listen to some Gentle Giant

Listening to them for the first time (Octopus). Holy shit awesome!

Powers said:
I appriciate it. Alas some people simply aren't worth my time.

Anyhow back to Prog. How many people have atcaully been able to find anything by Black Water Park.

I have Dirtbox. It's pretty good. One or two standout songs but nothing amazing.

Liquid Diamonds said:
Ok, no offence, but here is what you need to do:

Shut the fuck up, you whiney little bitch!!!

You understand that?

:)

(Anyone who can be that petulant in their refusal to take a genuine apology needs cutting down to size. It's as simple as that.)

id mind your own business kid. nobody was talking to you really in the first place. he should be smart and mature enough to know not to talk like that if he doesnt want someone replying to it. and so should you.

Hmmm....this seems to have gone slightly off-topic...

I just thought, the obvious thing to mention when discussing prog is a site a friend of mine introduced me to called www.progarchives.com, which has information on all prog acts from jazz-funk fusion to extreme prog metal. So go check it out if interested in prog music (assuming you're all Opeth fans that should probably be everyone!)

And that site is mentioned on all 3600 prog related threads too!
And that isn't the only similarity...

profskett said:
Hmmm....this seems to have gone slightly off-topic...

I just thought, the obvious thing to mention when discussing prog is a site a friend of mine introduced me to called www.progarchives.com, which has information on all prog acts from jazz-funk fusion to extreme prog metal. So go check it out if interested in prog music (assuming you're all Opeth fans that should probably be everyone!)

progarchives is good for a lot of the bread and butter bands when getting into the genre. however its missing A LOT of important acts in its lists.

Just got Gentle Giant- Free Hand. Very cool. To me, it sounds like Tull meets Yes. I can hear how Yes may have been inspired by "On Reflection" in "Leave It". Maybe I'm nuts, but it's what I thought when I first heard it.

Nomansvally said:
Come on'! The "Old-stuff" is the best in the business! Anyway, please check out these excellent albums made by quality prog. bands:

* Rush - Hemispheres, Moving Pictures, 2112
* Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Brain Salad Surgery
* Camel - Mirage, Moonmadness, Music Inspired By The Snow Goose

All above are masterpieces and generally what good prog is all about! I can't belive Goober find King Crimson and Yes "happy happy joy stuff"...

yeah! dont forget Jethro Tull is good too.

Also sympony X and dreamtheater are good, too.

Jon Snow said:
quit cluttering up a perfectly good prog thread and go listen to some Gentle Giant

Listening to them for the first time (Octopus). Holy shit awesome!
HOLY FRAKING SHIT!!! I LOVE GENTLE GIANT!

pfwew! either Octopus or Aquiring the Taste is my favorite. Everything from the latter to Free Hand is a masterpiece in my book.
Its so fun to spin one of these albums 'cause I can pick up my guitar or sit at the boards or play trombone and totally have fun ruining a perfect song with my mindless rambling. AWESOME.

edit - I forgot penny whistle \m/ :erk: