Progressive Rock Bands...

Orelans said:
WHERE CAN I GET SOME ANGLAGARD CD'S?
for pete's sakes!
it is virtually impossible to get it off of ebay because everyone else wants it and they end up bidding up a storm...

I was fortunate to get their Epilog recording on vinyl though...

I've read that they will be getting re-issued. does anyone know anything about this?

cheers

No kidding, I don't want to discuss how much I payed for my copy of Hybris...and I can't find Epilog (other than the vinyl copy but I want CD).

However, they are being reissued. Mattias Olssen (sp? - the drummer) recently posted on Anglagard's website guestbook that both albums will be reissued in time. Hybris will be first since they have all the necessary items to reissue it, while Epilog may take longer...

If I remember correctly, they were aiming for early spring for Hybris...plus they are writing a new album so that will tide you over as well.

Van Der Graaf Generator - they have an awesome vocalist, great saxes and a flute.

Just listen to "A plague of lighthouse keepers", an absolutely stunning piece of music!

RogueSpirit said:
No kidding, I don't want to discuss how much I payed for my copy of Hybris...and I can't find Epilog (other than the vinyl copy but I want CD).

However, they are being reissued. Mattias Olssen (sp? - the drummer) recently posted on Anglagard's website guestbook that both albums will be reissued in time. Hybris will be first since they have all the necessary items to reissue it, while Epilog may take longer...

If I remember correctly, they were aiming for early spring for Hybris...plus they are writing a new album so that will tide you over as well.

yeah, the reissues will be nice... but for a band such as anglagard i wouldn't mind having the originals; if i can find them anywhere..

so you managed to get the vinyl of epilog as well? it seems hybris is in much more demand and/or more popular then epilog...
but yeah, i really want the CD's as well...

Orelans said:
yeah, the reissues will be nice... but for a band such as anglagard i wouldn't mind having the originals; if i can find them anywhere..

so you managed to get the vinyl of epilog as well? it seems hybris is in much more demand and/or more popular then epilog...
but yeah, i really want the CD's as well...

Actually, no. I could have gotten the vinyl a few times. But I don't own a record player (plus I'm a slave to the CD format).

Actually, Epilog is MUCH harder to find, good luck finding anyone willing to sell their CD copy (or tell me :) ). Hybris was actually rereleased in 2000, so it's easier to find. I actually managed to score the original release of Hybris, although the reissue has a bonus track (which became a song used for another band with an ex-Anglagard member).

Get Yes' Close To The Edge, one of the greatest prog albums ever.

Also, the 70s prog stuff is far superior to most of that newer Spock's Beard type stuff (exceluding PT, who are amazing), FAR SUPERIOR.

Bleakest Harvest said:
Get Yes' Close To The Edge, one of the greatest prog albums ever.

Hehe, obviously you have no idea what you're talking about...

"Close To The Edge" is the greatest prog album ever! If you can listen to this album without going into convulsions of musical greatness, you may have a problem:p...

This album has such an absurd amount of the greatest riffs/licks I've ever heard, it's unreal....And if Jon anderson doesn't have the most innovative lyrical/rhythmic stylings, I don't know who does!

There was the Hawkwind Medley, I believe Hawkwind are considered prog. and technically Star One is probably Progmetal. AMG (AllMusicGuide) has Star One listed as Neo-Prog (whatever that is).

Yeah I knwo there's the Hawkwind thing, but still, their music isnt all that progressive, therefore I wouldn't consider them prog

I think the word 'prog' is thrown around too much these days and given to bands that arent the slightest bit progressive.