Jethro Tull

Tubbs Mcgee said:
I listen to Symphony X, and they happen to be one of my favorite bands. Do you have a problem with that?
lol, i'm pretty sure we've been over this

There is not one note out of place on "Thick as a Brick." This is arguably the best album ever. IMO, "Thick" is one of the cornerstones of symphonic Prog. Saw Tull In 1972 on their "Aqualung" tour. Absolutely phenominal.Peace.

affinityband said:
Jethro tull. Bunch of pretentious 50 year olds. SOLOS ARENT COOL PEOPLE.

Well, for the record, solos AREN'T people. They are made by people. Some of them are cool (the people and the solos). Some are stupid. Like posts on this forum, for example.

I really can't see why people here does't like Jethro Tull. The band's one of the coolest! And my dad also introduced them to me too :cool: . Oh, and I'm seeing them live in April(!), they are doing a Europe-tour in early spring! Are anybody here seeing 'em to?

For information see www.jethrotull.com !!!

Oh, Tull! That is a band to cherish! Have been listening to them since my brother got Aqualung in the early seventies.

I have now got all of their albums. (And when that is not enough... you can always buy Ian Andersons solo albums. Just as great... )

I saw them live a couple of years ago. They are both excellent musicians and nice/funny people too.

Heavy AND acoustic... true progressive pioneers actually!!

i love SONGS FROM THE WOOD! great folk prog

velvet green, the whistler, songs from the wood, are some of my favorite songs by them.

i only have songs from the wood and thick as a brick(which ive only listened to twice, but im digging it!)

i think i should go get some more JT!

affinityband said:
Ha i thought it was rather good. With the little 'some are stupid' irect link to my comment. nicely done. and without swearing too.

I try to keep it civil and fun. Cheers! :)

thick as a brick is fucking amazing. solos blow but i don't even notice any (if there are?), so that means it's a great album. everything else they've made is miserable