So I've just discovered Camel, Nektar and ELP...

the_3_toed_sloth said:
Funny, everyone always recommends Octopus. Personally i find that The Power & The Glory rapes it.

i haven't heard that entire album yet. i have heard one song...the one on the progarchives sampler, and i love it.

JoeVice said:
i haven't heard that entire album yet. i have heard one song...the one on the progarchives sampler, and i love it.

Playing The Game? Thats a very good indication of the entire album, and the level of quality it's at. If you like that, then you can't go wrong with buying it.

TonysApprentices said:
early genesis right? Ive listened to Foxtrot but i didnt find it really good...can someone recommend another album from genesis?!

The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway. Better production thatn the previous releases and better structure to the tracks.

YES have been mentioned but my favorite is 'Relayer', not mentioned enough prob due to Wakeman not being in it.
Sound Chaser is the stand out track, just listen to the best guitar work in a YES album. Close second, The Gates of Delerium

the_3_toed_sloth said:
Playing The Game? Thats a very good indication of the entire album, and the level of quality it's at. If you like that, then you can't go wrong with buying it.

yah, i'm planning on buying all of their albums. i have interview right now, and its okay. it has some quality stuff on it, but nothing really grips me.